This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

Valentine’s Day is without a doubt my favorite holiday to celebrate. There is just something about the celebration of love and seeing people in love and all the romantic aspects that come with it. I look forward to going into Walmart and seeing giant stuffed animals and aisles of chocolate in heart-shaped boxes because I know what time of the year it is. Also, what better way to show and spread some love than spending it with the one(s) you love most! I’m here to give you some of the best Valentine’s Day date ideas to share with you S.O. 

Date 1: Romantic Dinner at Home: Things can get very intimate hanging out in the kitchen cooking your dinner for two. Grocery shopping for the dinner, prepping the meal, eating the meal, and cleaning up are all dates in themselves. Fire up the stove, bust out the veggies, and grab the corkscrew. Wine and dine with your very best friend this year.

Date 2: Classic Dinner and a Movie: If you and your soul mate aren’t ones to throw down in the kitchen, cozying up in the theater and enjoying a candlelit dinner out in the town can be just as sweet. On Valentine’s Day there are usually a selection of movies that are released that are romantic comedies or love stories, so grab a couple tickets to one of them. Plus, being waited on for the evening can make your night feel so special and like you two are the only people in the building. 

Date 3: Live Music Bar: Personally, I am the one to dance when I hear music playing, so attending a bar or restaurant where there is live music is sure to shake things up with me. A jazz bar or one with a simple acoustic guitar can set the mood so grab your dancing shoes, your partner’s hand, and hit the floor for a little slow dancing, skin-to-skin action. 

Date 4: Roller Skating/Bowling/Mini Golf: A little sports action never hurt anybody! Competition can be quick to heat things up between you and your date. Some people can even get turned on by seeing you aren’t afraid to put up a game with them. When it comes to roller skating, hand holding is an obvious factor to play in, maybe even having to help the other up if they fall, but you fall onto them… see where I’m going with this? Bowling asks for pure competition and you may need to have your partner guide your strokes in a little game of mini golf. Contact is key. 

Date 5: Walk in the Park/Skygazing: Nature is one way to really get a deeper connection with someone. With no distractions your focus is on one another 100% and nothing is more intimate than that. Holding hands under the park lights and talking about everything under the sun can help you get to know someone so much better, building that relationship. Skygazing and talking about the stars and about life and why you are where you are being that deep connection I’m talking about. There’s so much more to discover about a person and this is a way to dig. 

I’m quite a romantic, so these five dates are some dates that I have either been on or wish to have! Valentine’s Day is a day I will always celebrate, single or in a relationship. There are so many people out there to spread love to, and some may need it more than others, so with the ability to make someone’s day I will do just that. Let’s show a little more love this year, to your significant other, best friend, or a stranger on the street. Enjoy your date night and get things steamy. 

Mika Vickery

Murray State '20

Mika Vickery is a senior at Murray State University, studying Public Relations with a minor in Occupational Safety and Health. She has been a member of the Murray State Her Campus chapter since it first launched on campus, and she now helps lead as Vice President of the organization, as well as managing their Instagram (@HCMurrayState). She enjoys hanging her ENO in the quad, looking up Pinterest recipes, shopping, and traveling.