This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

TACO. BELL. FRIES. Yes, you heard that right. Last month, Taco Bell dropped their new fries. Rumors of the company coming out with fries had been going around for several weeks and when they finally came out the nation was taken by storm.The fries are normal fries, but with a twist. The fries are dusted with Mexican seasoning and served with hot nacho cheese. The fries are available for just $1! I tried the Taco Bell fries the night they came out and here is what I thought.

I ordered the $5 box that is the promotion with the fries. The box included a Cheesy Gordita Crunch, Doritos Locos Taco, a medium drink, and the fries. My first thought about the fries was pure joy honestly. They were crispy, seasoned, thick(but not too thick), and only $1.

The fries were crispy on the outside, but soft on the inside. The Taco Bell fries definitely made my top 3 fast food fries. As for the seasoning on the fries, it was a little tangy and had a hint of spice. The fries and nacho cheese were a perfect pair.

I wish Taco Bell would have offered the fries in a variety of sizes because the fries were on the small side, but being that the fries are a promotional item I understand why the company chose not to.

The fries are also available to order as the Nacho Fries as Supreme or as Bell Grande, which will come with the same nacho cheese, plus beef, tomato, and sour cream. The fries can also be used to customize any item on Taco Bell’s menu. 

The fries are something Taco Bell is only going to be keeping on the menu for a limited time, but I for one hope it is an item that will return to the menu. Overall, I was impressed that a taco place could hang with the big fries (pun intended.). Totally worth the dollar and the calories!

Sarah Burden

Murray State '20

Sarah Burden is a senior at Murray State University. She is a PR major and minoring in Journalism. She is a member of Alpha Sigma Alpha and loves her ladybugs. In her free time she enjoys experimenting with makeup, drinking coffee, posting on social media and spending time with her bird. You can find her on Instagram and Twitter @sarahburden__