Preparing for Snow: The Quick Grocery List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

Western Kentucky always has crazy, unpredictable weather. When they predict snow and ice, you wonder if it’s really worth it to go to the grocery store and fight the crowd. If you’re low on food and necessities, the answer is probably yes. Here’s a quick list of things you’ll need that should get you in and out of the store and away from the crazy crowds. 

Snowed In Grocery List

• Toilet Paper: You don’t want to run out of this, and it never goes bad. Stock up.

• Soap: It’s probably not something you think about, but it’s another thing that you always want on hand. Hand sanitizer doesn’t give you that clean feeling. 

• Candles: Just in case the electricity goes out, it’s good to have these.  

• Canned foods: They don’t need to be refrigerated, and they’re the staple food for any emergency.

• Meat: Forget stocking up on bread. Buy meat. You can do more things with it, and you need the protein.

• Water bottles: You never know when the pipes will burst. 

• Deicer: If you want to get into your car for any reason, you’ll need some of this. 

• Batteries: You might need these for flashlights or a battery-powered heater.

Stay safe this winter and keep your dorm/apartment/house stocked. You never know when the weather could take a turn for the worse.     

Sydney Wedbush

Murray State

Sydney Wedbush is a junior English/Creative Writing major at Murray State. When she's not reading or writing for class, she's reading and writing for fun. Want to find her in her natural habitat? Check the book store or library, and make Harry Potter references.