This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

I’ve always been a huge believer that music can cure just about anything. Overly stressed? Play some music. Tired? Play some music. A sudden urge to dance? MUSIC! Need to get out of the house/dorm? Go FIND some music! Living so close to Nashville has me spoiled because I can pretty much find a concert any night of the week and be there in less than two hours. It’s the best. And when I was approached about a Her Campus partnership with Echosmith? Sign me up! 

The concert was held at Third and Lindsley, a bar known for its concerts right outside downtown Nashville. I was a little unsure of the venue at first because I’m used to seeing concerts in arenas or stadiums, so I wasn’t really sure what to expect from this. I was very pleasantly surprised. We (our social media manager, Lauren, went with me) got there around 7:00, an hour before the show started, and we actually lucked out and found a table with a great view of the stage. I actually am now a huge fan of concerts in restaurants because A) the food is better, and B) you don’t have to pay ridiculous NBA/NFL concession stand prices for a mediocre hotdog. 

Anyway, let’s talk about the actual concert. The first act was Jenna Rose, who I’ll admit, I’d never heard of before. She was pretty good! She did a great job of getting everyone hyped up for the rest of the night, and her songs were fun songs, and definitely great for dancing. She’s young, so I’m excited to see what’s next for her! After Jenna, the band The Score came on and did about six songs. I loved them! Lauren recognized one of their songs from a Jeep commercial, which we both thought was hilarious… because what are the odds? They were super loud and really got the crowd going. The thing I liked best about the opening acts is how different they were! Not only that, they were both different than Echosmith, so we really got to hear all kinds of music in one concert.

And then we got to Echosmith. First things first: they were phenomenal! A lot of times, I’ll go to concerts and the person or band will sound… er… not so great live. Not this time. If anything, I think they sounded better live in some of the songs! I remember the first time I heard an Echosmith song, I actually ran across “Cool Kids” on a Spotify playlist, and I was really into it. Enough that I looked them up and started listening to more and more. Taking this partnership was a no-brainer for me. One of my favorite Echosmith songs is “Bright,” and I absolutely loved what they did with it! It was just different enough from the studio version that it felt fresh, add in the fact that they mashed it with “I Will Follow You Into The Dark” at the end, and I was practically on the floor. The whole night was super fun, the energy in the room was great, people were dancing and laughing and just having a great night! It came at the perfect time, too. I’m stressed with finals lurking, papers to write, flashcards to look at… enough stuff that even typing it just now made me a little shaky. But a Wednesday night concert/Nashville trip was the perfect little stress reliever. 

All in all, I’d give this concert a solid 10/10, and I’m not just saying that. It honestly was one of the best that I’ve been to before, and I think a lot of it had to do with the energy they brought onto such a tiny stage. I will defiantly be on the lookout for future Echosmith tours!

Jordyn Rowland

Murray State '19

Jordyn is a public relations major and film studies minor at Murray State University, where she has been for three years as an undergraduate student. She is an avid watcher of anything created by Shonda Rhimes, but her favorite is by far Grey's Anatomy. She enjoys traveling... a lot. Her favorite places so far are Los Angeles and Berlin. She really loves her dog and would adopt 50 more if she wasn't allergic. Jordyn's plans include running her own TV show and trying every drink on the menu (including the hidden one!) from Starbucks.