This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

Lush is a cosmetics company based out of the UK. The company prides itself in its cruelty free bath, makeup, and personal care products. I am a total Lushie. I love everything about it and treat myself to the products whenever possible. This week I decided to try something new from Lush. I tried the “Cup O’ Coffee” face and body mask.

I went out on a limb when I tried this product because I am usually a “Love Lettuce” Lush facemask junkie. Just like most of Lush’s other masks, the Cup O’ Coffee mask came in a recyclable black jar, but unlike most of the other masks this one did not have to be refrigerated. I absolutely loved that about this mask because I usually have the problem of most of the product going bad because I forget to put it back in the fridge. This mask also has a much longer shelf life than Lush’s other masks. The one I bought was made on September 27, 2017 and is good until January 27, 2018. The longer shelf life really ensures I will fully to get use and enjoy all of the product.

The smell of this mask is to die for. The name is not misleading whatsoever. When I opened up the lid to this mask I immediately got a huge whiff of black coffee, and if you’re as obsessed with coffee as I am it’s like a breath of fresh air. The texture of the mask was very thick and creamy. I did have to mix up the mask a little because some of the liquid product has settled to the top while it was in store. 

I have super sensitive skin so Lush’s products are usually easy on my skin. This mask was no different. I decided to only do my face to test the mask. The mask contains freshly ground coffee which made it great for exfoliating my skin. I applied the mask with my fingers and let it sit on my face for about 10 minutes. After washing it off I was not disappointed. My skin was so incredibly soft. The following day or two after my skin was still very soft after just the one use from the mask. My skin also did not get irritated or break out from the mask.

Overall, Lush never fails to impress me. All of the products I have tried have been a solid 10/10, and this mask held up to the high standards I had set for it. Most of Lush’s masks run about $10 for 2 ounces. I paid $11.95 for 5 ounces. The extra $2 was worth it for the amount of product that I got. This mask is now one of my new favorites from Lush and I can’t wait to use it again.

Sarah Burden

Murray State '20

Sarah Burden is a senior at Murray State University. She is a PR major and minoring in Journalism. She is a member of Alpha Sigma Alpha and loves her ladybugs. In her free time she enjoys experimenting with makeup, drinking coffee, posting on social media and spending time with her bird. You can find her on Instagram and Twitter @sarahburden__