This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

I mean let’s admit it, girls have it a little bit harder than most so give them credit. Boys will never understand some things, especially these:

1. Losing your ponytail is the worst thing that could happen.
  2.  Getting ready before going out can oftentimes be better than the actual party.
  3. Unless you want to get your nails professionally done, it’s pointless because they’ll chip the next day anyway.
  4. Your room is littered with clean clothes because the 6 outfits that were not chosen are thrown on the ground.
  5. After leaving Sephora, your entire hand is painted with different swipes of pink.
  6. Having long hair is great, but also a struggle.
  7. Picking out an outfit to wear is often the hardest part of the day.
  8. Your biggest priority is finding an angle for your selfie that makes you feel the most confident.
  9. When you drop your compacted powder and it breaks all over the floor, making you want to cry.
  10. Someone asking if you are sick but really you were just up until 3am doing homework and didn’t bother putting makeup on.
Alyssa is currently in her sophomore year at Murray State University. She appreciates nothing more than chick-fil-a's wonderful customer service as well as their food, a good netflix series, and a night of playing card/board games. In her very rare free time, you can find her playing sports. spending money on clothes and shoes, and eating mexican food. She plans to pursue a career in Elementary Education where she is able to provide each child with a home away from home. You can find her on twitter & instagram @Busche12