Style > Beauty

For the Love of God, Take Off Your Makeup Before You Go to Sleep

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Muhlenberg chapter.

With three weeks left of school, we are all trying to cherish the moments we have with our friends.  Especially for you seniors out there; senioritis is very common and I know that academics can fall to the side when you only have a few months left with some of your closest friends. Therefore, we all get pretty lazy and are at the point where the thought of doing work is actually dreadful. 

However, one thing we cannot get lazy about is taking off our makeup after a long day, or a night full of partying.

We may be the most exhausted we have ever been in our lives, but we certainly cannot show it. Once in a while, it is understandable that sometimes we do not wash our face before going to bed maybe because we are so tired. We are human. But, let’s not make it a habit…

Sleeping with your makeup can seriously negatively affect your skin. First off, it can give you acne. If you do not clean your skin properly, then the dirt and dead skin cells will clog your pores. Do you want to wake up with fresh skin? Keeping makeup on overnight can will dry your skin out.

I know we are young now, but we will not be that way forever, people! Let’s stay as fresh as we can for as long as we can! Not washing your face before bed can actually cause wrinkles. Having a dirty face when you get some shut eye may even cause you to have a rash. It can push your skin to the extremes and make your face super oily or super dry.

Push through this last month, and push through the exhaustion we feel. Taking off your makeup at night will make you feel better on the inside and out.

My name is Alison and I currently go to Muhlenberg College. I study Theatre but also have an eye for fashion. My style is a huge part of who I am. I not only express myself on stage, but express myself with the my wardrobe. Owning your own style and vibe is important. Writing for HerCampus is also a privilege for me because now I can write about fashion, give advice, and encourage my readers to own who they are with the clothes they wear. I also keep people updated on my outfits and what i wear that gets me through college! I encourage people to follow me on my instgram almaybaum_ and my Visco!
Ali Senal

Muhlenberg '18

Muhlenberg '18 Grad with a BA in Theatre and Jewish studies. My hobbies include sleeping, movies, and spreading vegan propaganda. Former Editor-in-Chief of Muhlenberg Her Campus.