samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Have the Best (and Most Productive) Summer Ever

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Muhlenberg chapter.

Summer is right around the corner (can you believe it?) and that means no exams, no homework, and all fun, right? Well, not necessarily. Of course summer is supposed to be fun, but it is also a time to be productive, make money, and gain more work experience. Here are five ways to take advantage of the three and a half months so you can have the most fun and productive summer ever!

Work

If you’re just looking for a job that will last the summer, consider being a lifeguard, camp counselor, babysitter, or dog walker! They are great ways to make extra money. Especially with working at a summer camp, there is a daily routine, so you can feel more productive instead of sitting around all day. Other great places to work are restaurants and different stores!

Volunteer

If you want to make an impact and help the community, you can always volunteer if you have extra time! Whether you’re volunteering at your local soup kitchen or at a hospital, it’s a really rewarding use of your time!

Intern

Summers in college are a great way to gain work experience and intern to help get your foot in the door and figure out what kind of career path you want to go on. The more work experience you have, the easier and better it will be once you actually have to start applying for jobs and/or graduate school!

Summer Classes

This might not be the most desirable option, but it’s a great way to get ahead or get stay on track towards your degree. Whether you decide to take an online or and in-class course, summer classes is a productive thing to do during the summer!

Have fun

Although you want to have a productive summer, don’t forget what the point of summer is: relaxation! Take a breather and have fun! Whether it’s going to the beach with friends or going to a concert, remember that summer is a time to refresh and recover from the previous school year. Don’t forget to let yourself enjoy it!

Emily Garber

Muhlenberg '21

Muhlenberg College Content Editor
Ali Senal

Muhlenberg '18

Muhlenberg '18 Grad with a BA in Theatre and Jewish studies. My hobbies include sleeping, movies, and spreading vegan propaganda. Former Editor-in-Chief of Muhlenberg Her Campus.