This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

It was strange to see that the week before Spring Weekend, I was still wearing my winter coat during an April blizzard. It seems it went from 0-80 in no time. Spring weekend was hot, sweet, and loud.

As people sprawled out on the greens across campus, soaking in their little sun they could get before finals, our campus was preparing for one of the biggest weekends on campus.

Spring Weekend, for those who did not attend or don’t know, is a weekend dedicated to the “unwinding” before finals week. It is the final salute to Mount Holyoke and an end with a bang kind of event.

This year for Spring Weekend, for both Saturday and Sunday, there were live performances on the Blanchard Steps, Holi powder outside of Blanchard, a halal truck, and on Sunday, there was free pizza, t-shirts, fried dough,  ice cones, bouncy castles, and obstacle courses. People lathered up in sunscreen to spend the day outside, even community members and professors came with their kids (and dogs).

People were seen wearing their cutest spring outfits, dresses, florals, shorts, skirts, and much more and were all enjoying the Spring Weekend event Mount Holyoke put on for the campus.

On Saturday, as people came back from their games and various sporting events in the mornings, Mount Holyoke had already set up a halal truck, and the Holi event, where people went in white and were covered from head to toe in various vibrant powdered color. Saturday was no where near as exciting as Sunday, though. With all of the free food, as mentioned before, the pizza, halal, fried dough, and ice cones, bouncy fun castles, and live music people were not bored for one minute.

Now, that Spring Weekend is over, our feet are planted firmly back down on the ground, and we’re back to reality. Yes, finals are approaching, but, yes, we can do it! This the home stretch, guys, then three months of blissful summer vacation without stressful academics, and if we’re lucky, with our families, friends, and cozy hometowns!

My name is Victoria and I am a singer/songwriter and physics enthusiast from Pleasantville, NY. I am a first year currently studying Music and Physics at Mount Holyoke College. I run for the Cross Country and Track team, and I am a big proponent of Halloween, Harry Potter, music, tea, and art.
Mount Holyoke College is a gender-inclusive, historically women's college in South Hadley, MA.