Spring in Massachusetts: As Told By Gifs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

If you’re not originally from Massachusetts or the New England area, you’re probably immensely confused by the weather. Winter feels like spring and spring feels like winter. So, these gifs will help communicate all of the frustrations you feel now that we are faced by the confusion that comes with spring in Massachusetts.

That feeling when you experience the first day of actual spring-like weather.

And then you realize the clothes you’re wearing aren’t meant for this kind of weather.

Looks like it’s time to break out all those super cute spring clothes! (And now you have the perfect excuse to treat yourself to a shopping trip!)

And you start thinking about all of the amazing springtime activities you’ll finally get to do because the weather is actually nice! You can already feel yourself brainstorming ways to keep cool~

Just imagine all of the ice cream, iced tea, and lemonade you will soon consume because the weather is finally appropriate for it!

Ahhh~ Spring! Such a beautiful season!

Maybe Massachusetts weather isn’t so bad, right? Spring is here to stay!

That feeling when you wake up the following day, dressed in your springtime garb, only to be greeted by the cold, unforgiving Massachusetts “spring.”

And, bitterly, you accept your fate. Spring may never truly come.

And then the process starts all over again the next day when it’s warm again…

Come on, Massachusetts’ weather! Make up  your mind! Is it spring or is it winter?

Images: (Main, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)

If you would like to write for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, please email mt-holyoke@hercampus.com.

Sarah Washington is a sophomore at Mount Holyoke College. She is from Wilbraham, Massachusetts. She is a prospective Sociology Major. Sarah's passions include social justice, increased visibility for multiracial individuals, feminism, and LGBT rights. Her other loves include makeup, writing, reading, and music.
Mount Holyoke College is a gender-inclusive, historically women's college in South Hadley, MA.