This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

Name: Jess Noé

Year: Sophomore

Major: English

Hometown: Tinton Falls, New Jersey

If you were stranded on a desert island and could only bring three things, what would they be?

A refrigerator that is solar panelled and that has a never-ending supply, a mansion, and…. Wait, but if I have a mansion I don’t need a refrigerator. Okay so a mansion fully stocked with whatever I would need. I would also bring Zayn Malik from One Direction, but a taller version of him because I’m actually taller than him, and an army of dogs. One dog of every breed and a few mutts. That’s all I’ll really need. A beautiful house, a beautiful husband, and many many many dogs.

What is something that you always wanted to try?

I’ve always wanted to try to do stand up comedy. It seems like a lot of fun but at the same time really scary. It’s like, “I’m going to try to get up here and see if people are laughing at me or because of me.” I went to one last year where there were actually funny people from UMass and Hampshire. They were so funny and I was like, “I can probably do this” but also “How do you start doing this?” I’m really into John Mulaney’s stand up New in Town and have watched it several dozen times. I can even recite chunks of it. I want to be able to do that where I can just stand up and do it and maybe I’ll be like, “That was terrible and I would never do that again,” or “I love this.”

Do you have any quirky talents?

I tried teaching myself how to juggle? For my CA interview, you had to teach the rest of your group something. I didn’t think I had any teachable skills, and I thought, well, I’ll learn how to juggle then I’ll teach them how to juggle. So, for the first week of interviews, I was trying so hard to teach myself how to juggle and I kind of got it, but then I decided I couldn’t do it. Instead, I taught them that they should try to teach themselves how to juggle for several days as college students when they could be doing so much more with their time. So I can’t juggle- that’s my talent. I’m just a quirky person after all.

How did you meet your best friend?

Well, I like to think that all of my friends are my best friends. I think that my closest friends outside of Mount Holyoke are my friends Caroline and Gina. Caroline’s been my best friend since I was 13. It’s the nerdiest thing, we were in middle school band, and we both played the clarinet. I wasn’t very good, and we started hanging out. She was so actively trying to be friends with me and I was like, “Well, I’m just going to hang out with people who tolerate me while I’m going through my emo phase.” We’ve been super close, which is funny because we’re very opposite people. She always looks put together and I’m just a noodle… a noodle in a sweatshirt. Gina and I went to high school together. I talk to Gina pretty much every day. It was a magnet school for communication students, and we met during the placement testing day. At first we both thought we hated each other. The catalyst thing for our friendship was so stupid. Gina said some really obscure thing in our computer class,“This is my monitor. His name is Mr. Shiny.” And I said that I thought I knew that from somewhere. She said it was from a Charlie McDonnell video on YouTube and was wondering if I watched him. And I was like, “…bitch please.”

If you could be any piece of clothing, what would you be?

Anything that’s black velvet. I love black velvet!

My name is Victoria and I am a singer/songwriter and physics enthusiast from Pleasantville, NY. I am a first year currently studying Music and Physics at Mount Holyoke College. I run for the Cross Country and Track team, and I am a big proponent of Halloween, Harry Potter, music, tea, and art.
Mount Holyoke College is a gender-inclusive, historically women's college in South Hadley, MA.