Campus Celeb: Sarah Weidman

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

Hometown: Portland, Oregon. (home of the hipsters!)

Major: Most likely psychology, though still undecided.

Minor: Perhaps biology, though also undecided.

What do you love most about being the 2015 class social chair? I love that being on class board means I get to help come up with and discuss some of the truly creative ideas students have for class events and fundraisers…and then actually get to make them happen. I have already learned just how much work it can be to organize a single event, yet also how rewarding and great it feels to have it work out. Also I am pretty darn excited to get to know and work with our (adorable) grandmother class this semester…and hopefully get the chance to put on a cross-generational dance-off.

What do you love most about Mount Holyoke? That I get to be around inspiring and uber friendly people every day—and that I have learned almost as much from talking to other students as I have from some of my favorite classes. I also love the environment on campus and the multitude of opportunities and events that seem to take place everywhere, all the time. The food is also a close second.

Where do you see yourself in ten years? I would love to have some idea of where I am going to be in ten years, especially because so many people here seem to have countless future plans. However I honestly don’t know what I will be up to. Hopefully it will involve traveling and perhaps doing some sort of research. Can’t wait to find out…

What do you like to do for fun?  Lately I have been enjoying spontaneous midnight runs around campus. I also love playing rugby, impulsive dancing, skiing, and movie nights.

Favorite meal at blanch? Philly-steak sandwich on white batard, a Lemon Snapple, and Chips ahoy cookies. Of course that’s over 725, so the Classic Turkey Club and Falafel wrap are also always good options.  

Elizabeth is a sophmore at Mount Holyoke College in South Hadley, Massachusetts and is studying Politics and Journalism. In addition to being the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, she enjoys reading, dancing, running, dessert, and her summer job as a windsurfing instructor on Lake Michigan.