Campus Celeb: Sarah Watkins

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

Name: Sarah Watkins  

Hometown: Brevard, North Carolina

Major/Minor: Undecided- I wish I could major in a little bit of everything!

Any advice for First Years?

I would tell First Years to jump right in! Get involved with a club, a team, or any sort of new activity right away. It’s a great way to meet people and take advantage of the many great opportunities out campus has to offer. I am involved with our amazing Outing Club, I am a member of Chorale, the Art Goddesses, and the Art Outreach program in the museum.

What’s your favorite thing to do on campus?

This might sound silly but, my favorite thing to do on campus is explore. Whenever I have free time during the day I’ll wander the halls of the library or take a walk in the neighborhoods around MHC. I also think it is important to be involved in the surrounding community. I babysit and am involved in a teaching outreach program through the MHC art museum.

Favorite class so far?

My favorite class so far was biology 145, Diversity of Life with Sue Barry. She’s amazing!

Any exciting plans for summer?

This summer I will be living in northern Michigan at my family’s farmhouse. I am going to be WWOOFing on an organic farm in the area. I mainly work as a sailing instructor at the local yacht club.
(WWOOF stands for World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms- check it out!)

Elizabeth is a sophmore at Mount Holyoke College in South Hadley, Massachusetts and is studying Politics and Journalism. In addition to being the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, she enjoys reading, dancing, running, dessert, and her summer job as a windsurfing instructor on Lake Michigan.