The Best Careers for You, Based On Astrology

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

Disclaimer: This is for entertainment purposes only! Don’t make radical changes to your career choices based off of astrology alone. While this can give you an extra bit of guidance, it shouldn’t be your only source of guidance.

For those of you who are new to astrology, you might be surprised to know that it’s far more complex than you may realize. Most people know what their sun sign is, but each person actually has multiple signs! This is often why some people don’t really relate to their sun sign, since your sun sign might be overpowered by different signs in your astrological chart. To figure out all of your signs and placements, I recommend checking out Cafe Astrology.

In order to figure out which careers are best suited for you, you’re going to want to look at what sign you have as your Midheaven. As an example, here is my chart below. As you can see, my Midheaven is in Leo.

Aries Midheaven

If you have an Aries Midheaven, you’re typically a very ambitious and no-nonsense type of person. You tend to be highly self-disciplined, but you don’t really like to be told what to do. You would be best suited for careers where you can be self-employed or somewhere that doesn’t have a rigid hierarchical structure. You would do best in STEM careers, particularly technological careers, as well as journalism, or firefighting.

Taurus Midheaven

If you have a Taurus Midheaven, you often dislike working in group environments and much prefer working on your own because you tend to be a bit on the stubborn side and dislike compromising with coworkers. You may avoid being in leadership roles. You tend to be drawn to and are very talented in creative work, and would much prefer work that is hands-on. The best careers for you would  be art, cosmetology, or architecture.

Gemini Midheaven

You have a natural skill for communication, either through writing or speaking (or both). You are also particularly good at swaying people into doing what you want them to do through your words alone. You tend to have a very active and curious mind. Jobs that would be good for you include sales/marketing, blogging, or teaching.

Cancer Midheaven

You’re very sensitive to the needs of others and have a natural instinct to help out those in need. You tend to be very intuitive, and you’re able to sense patterns and trends before other people may even notice. You dislike change, so you’re much more likely to stick with a certain career than to switch jobs frequently. You’d be best suited for careers in social work, non-profit work, or nursing.

Leo Midheaven

Leo Midheavens absolutely love the spotlight and are drawn to careers that offer them prestige and wealth. You absolutely hate being overshadowed by anyone else, and are likely to push yourself beyond your limits to be seen as the best at what you do. Leadership roles come naturally to you. The best careers for you include politics, business (executive positions), and acting.

Virgo Midheaven

You are likely a very analytical person if you have a Virgo Midheaven. You typically enjoy working with raw figures and data. You’re a natural researcher. However, you tend to like to work behind the scenes, and aren’t overly fond of leadership roles or being the center of attention. The best careers for you include science, copywriting, and psychology (research.)

Libra Midheaven

You usually love anything to do with glitz, glamour, and luxury. You’re a natural charmer and work well with other people. However, leadership roles tend to be difficult for you unless you have a strong support system behind you. You tend to dislike stressful, fast-paced work and prefer to work at your own speed. You’d be best suited for careers involving fashion, art, or marriage counseling.

Scorpio Midheaven

You tend to have an extremely strong and dominant personality, so leadership positions come very easy to you. Scorpio Midheavens are often seen as an “unstoppable force” in astrology, since you never let anything or anyone get in your way when it comes to success. Despite being one of the more intense signs, you don’t let your emotions get the best of you at work. In fact, you tend to be very patient. The best careers for you would be in politics, business, and medicine.

Sagittarius Midheaven

You absolutely love working in groups and collaborating with other people. You’d be extremely happy to work in a position where you get to work with people on a daily basis. However, unlike some of the other Midheavens, you rarely stick with one career for very long since you love change and new experiences. In order to counteract your desire to change your careers frequently, you’d be best off choosing careers that stimulate your mind and need for excitement. You’d make an excellent tour guide, ambassador, or spiritual leader.

Capricorn Midheaven

You are usually an independent, hard-worker. You also tend to be more introverted than some of the other Midheavens, and you dislike any sort of conflict. Though ambitious, you aren’t in any particular rush to get a high-status position. You’d be very content working in a quiet, office environment. The best careers for you include banking, financial advising, and geology.

Aquarius Midheaven

Often, you can be extremely passionate once you find something you enjoy doing. It’s the finding a career that you enjoy that’s the hard part. You dislike traditional, stuffy jobs. Instead, you’re drawn to careers that let you be more creative and experimental. You also tend to enjoy helping people, especially if it allows you to work outside of an office. You’d enjoy careers in photography, non-profit organization, and STEM fields (particularly science and technology.)

Pisces Midheaven

You are a highly sensitive and a natural humanitarian. You tend to put others before yourself, so typically you shy away from highly competitive fields of work. Monetary gain isn’t the most important aspect of a career for you; instead, you’d be much happier doing work that makes you proud of yourself at the end of the day. You’re best suited for careers like nursing, counseling, and caregiving.

Hopefully exploring your astrological chart a bit more has given you a new perspective on your possible career choices! Or perhaps now you understand your default working style. Or maybe these descriptions don’t fit you at all and gave you a nice laugh. Either way, hopefully this’ll inspire you to explore what else astrology can tell you about yourself!

Sources: Sharpe Astrology and Astrotheme

Images: 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

If you would like to write for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, or if you have any questions or comments for us, please email mt-holyoke@hercampus.com.

Sarah Washington is a sophomore at Mount Holyoke College. She is from Wilbraham, Massachusetts. She is a prospective Sociology Major. Sarah's passions include social justice, increased visibility for multiracial individuals, feminism, and LGBT rights. Her other loves include makeup, writing, reading, and music.
Mount Holyoke College is a gender-inclusive, historically women's college in South Hadley, MA.