This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

College, a special time in the life of every student. A word that symbolizes death- I mean debt- but also learning and growth. And you know what else makes college special? The memes that capture the college experience that you can connect to on a spiritual level, that make you laugh, and motivate you, giving you a miraculous burst of energy that you were missing when you were studying. But alas, why not put you guilt aside and procrastinate further by entering the black hole of college memes? What harm could possibly come of it? Here are 15 of some of the most relatable college memes!

I was one of those kids in high school who hated when teachers chose my seat for me because I doubted their seat-selection abilities. Now I get annoyed when people sit in my seat in college. I mean, it’s just disrespectful. Why would you sit in someone’s undesignated designated seat?  

I can’t explain how I felt when I found out about self-plagiarism. My English professor was commenting on my paper and he actually cited me. I was shook. I also don’t get the concept of self-plagiarism, like, “Oh, how dare I use my own thoughts without giving myself credit?”

This semester, I work with kids at least three times a week. It kills me when they don’t want to sleep, especially when I’ve gotten max three hours of sleep the night before and would like to take their place. On the other hand, once they do nap some kids these days don’t like waking up. I mean, these are preschool kids (4-5 year olds). They come to school to draw and play games and hear a story read to them, but then they catch an attitude when I tell them nap time is over.

I can’t help but feel bad for my friends who are suffering because of this. In my first year, I had a friend who had a midterm every time I saw her. Having multiple midterms in a given course is like being stuck in a time loop. It doesn’t make sense to have multiple “midterms.”

I feel like I’m the pushover that gets dragged around by Angelica. I wish I was as daring as Chuckie and could prioritize my naps over homework.

Ahem…every American college ever.

If you wear glasses like me, after all that studying you’ll be lucky if you can see your hands 5 inches from your face, with or without glasses. “Hello Professor, I see ten of you, and I can’t tell which writing instrument I’m seeing is the real one, but sure, I am ready for your exam. Easy squeezy, lemon peezy.”

Currently my life this semester. Have you ever written a paper and took a midterm while running a fever? I did. (Now that I think about it, I could’ve asked for an extension. But one’s mind does not function at 100% under the strain of a fever).

The best joke is when the rented version of the book cost more than a used version or when the Kindle version is more expensive than the cost of a new, hard copy.

Sometimes I wonder what professors talk about in all those meetings they attend.

We must all suffer together. It’s called “group effort”. If I’m getting a bad grade in your class because you didn’t teach well, then you’re getting a bad evaluation.

I’ve been in this cycle since I started going to school. I’ve only become more painfully aware of it now that I’m in college.

As a college student, Kronk’s contemplation on the order of words are my life!

…And got zero hours of sleep. But that’s okay. It’s always darkest before the dawn.

And lastly, but most importantly: a special thanks. I am forever indebted.

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14,15, 16

If you would like to write for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, or if you have any questions or comments for us, please email mt-holyoke@hercampus.com.

Hello readers! I'm a freshman at Mount Holyoke College. I love writing and bringing you news. Enjoy and thank you for reading my articles!
Mount Holyoke College is a gender-inclusive, historically women's college in South Hadley, MA.