14 Puns That Perfectly Capture the College Experience

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

With all the homework piles we as college students are working through, it’s important to find little things that keep you going. One source of relief for me when I am extremely stressed is turning to humor. My friends say I have a quirky sense of humor so I guess it makes sense that I especially love puns because they are oh so punny and cheesy. Here are a few relatable ones I thought I would share with you all for a good laugh:

1. It’s always great having guest speakers come to class because it’s a good break from the daily routine and means you can get away with skipping a reading or two.

2. It really sucks when you spend a lot of time with someone and you start to realize that you like them as more than a friend. It’s hard to put yourself out there, but you also have to think about whether it will be awkward later if they don’t reciprocate your feelings…

3. This is for when you contemplate whether that college degree is really worth all the blood, sweat, tears, and money…lots of money.

4. You meet so many new faces in college which can be exciting. Some people become your best friends, some you still wave at from a distance 3 years later but definitely don’t remember their name.

5. Positive confrontation is crucial for every roommate experience because there’s nowhere to hide when you live together.

6. We’ve all been hanging out somewhere with friends when some narcissistic a**hole approaches you even though you’re not interested. You politely say, “No thanks” but they talk about how great they are and what you’re missing. You roll your eyes because they just convinced you of how awesome they AREN’T.

7. Trying to make lifestyle changes is always 10 times harder when you live on a college campus, especially with limited food options.

8. When you feel like you’ve been hitting your head against a brick wall while doing homework because you just don’t understand the content.

9. When you start to eat, sleep, breath (and joke about) your academic major.

10. College is hard so it’s good to remember to always encourage your friends as well as yourself when things get tough.

11. Having good support structures like family and friends around you makes this college thing so much easier.

12. Having so much to do often means staying home to do work when all your friends are going out to have a fun night out. Sacrifices, sacrifices.

13. Caffeine and college students are inseparable. Where would I be without my tea?

14. For all the people out there reading these grate puns, make sure to take a break every now and then and to practice self-care (which can look vastly different for different people). With all the things you have to balance in college and in your personal life, make sure to take care of yourself, even if that just means making sure to laugh!

Images, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

If you would like to write for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, or if you have any questions or comments for us, please email mt-holyoke@hercampus.com.

Deborah Fashole-Luke is a Mount Holyoke College graduate who majored is Psychology with a minor in English. She is pleased to have served as Her Campus Mt. Holyoke's former co-Campus Correspondent and co-President from 2015 to 2018. In her spare time Deborah enjoys reading, baking, playing football (soccer), listening to good music, and watching movies. She also loves spending time with family and friends!