10 Ways You Become A Big Baby During Finals Time

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

Finals can do strange things to Mount Holyoke students which leads to some unusual behavior on occasion. It’s so much to bear and too much “adulting” that sometimes you just need to react to it in some way. Sometimes it almost seems as though we transform into big babies among it all. Here’s a few things that Mohos do during finals that often resemble the behavior of babies:

1. You cry and throw tantrums in public.

2. You eat snacks and candy before meals and then ruin your appetite for an actual nutritional meal.

3. You cry for milk… At M&Cs that is! You’ve become so dependent on getting a snack at M&Cs that you’re very disappointed and on the verge of tears when you don’t like what’s being served.

4. You’re so involved in your paper that you feel like you can’t afford to break focus to do anything but write. As a result, you nearly wet yourself because you feel you can’t afford to risk losing your train of thought to go and pee.

5.You find yourself babbling sometimes because your brain is so maxed out and you’re beyond tired. Stringing words together is hard, right?

6. You refuse to wear pants.

7. You revert back to watching cartoons and kids’ shows because they seem even more hilarious than they were when you were younger (and because you’re procrastinating!).

8. You crawl to classes! Especially if the weather is bad outside which makes going and walking to class a feat and challenge. You even consider not going because there’s only a few more classes left anyway…

9. You swaddle yourself in your favorite blankie and take lots of power naps during the day. You honestly can’t imagine what you would do without it and you absolutely hate leaving it behind because it’s so warm and cozy!

10. You take several naps a day and fall asleep everywhere. In Blanch, the library, and even on the PVTA.

We tend to get super stressed and freak ourselves out about papers and exams, but remember that it’s not beneficial for you to ignore your needs (no, don’t live in the library for days without showering!). Make sure to take care of yourself and break those unhealthy habits that people often fall into when finals are fast approaching, such as not getting enough (or any) sleep. Just remember that in the end everything will be over soon and that you can do it! You can make it to the end!

Sources: Cover1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

If you would like to write for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, please email mt-holyoke@hercampus.com.

Deborah Fashole-Luke is a Mount Holyoke College graduate who majored is Psychology with a minor in English. She is pleased to have served as Her Campus Mt. Holyoke's former co-Campus Correspondent and co-President from 2015 to 2018. In her spare time Deborah enjoys reading, baking, playing football (soccer), listening to good music, and watching movies. She also loves spending time with family and friends!