photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

Why I Find Degrading Memes About Women Humorous

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Many women get offended by so-called “degrading” memes about us. Coming from a woman’s perspective, I personally find them hilarious — here’s why and how I can accomplish this.

Why do I think this is funny rather than insulting? Because it is spot on. Of course a woman will finish not only your sandwiches, but your sentences too. Anybody else look to Google for the right answer? Me too — thanks women!

Any other girl out there got a S.O. that just doesn’t get it? To me, this isn’t even remotely degrading. Men just don’t get it, and if they did, this meme wouldn’t even exist. Might want to re-think this one, gentlemen. Fully support this one right here. Yeah, I may make more money than you… which might mean that you, my friend, do not work hard enough to earn me or my money. Therefore, if you think you deserve my valuable time and attention, you must prove your worth.I have one thing to say to this…if you are out there deleting your internet history, how is she any worse than you?

Long story short, the way society responds to these memes, whether it is interpreted as comical or degrading doesn’t need to be taken so seriously.

On a more serious note, we let social media and what others think of us define ourselves. We as a society shouldn’t read so far into this stuff that’s plastered all over our timelines. Generally speaking, we have the only say in what defines us.

Don’t let these things influence what how you value your own self-worth, you are better than how social media defines you.

To all the women out there, you are a queen, don’t let anyone treat you any different. 

Happy Women’s History Month Ladies!

Content creator. Editor. Pop culture enthusiast.