This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Being single is such a stigmatized concept. People often see singles as sad, lonely, or even pathetic at times. I’m not going to lie — I’ve been all of those things at one time or another. But seriously, what’s wrong with being single? For some people, it’s a personal choice. Maybe they just don’t have time for a relationship or maybe they’re focusing on other things. For others, the right person just hasn’t come along yet. hatever your situation may be, here are five tips on how to successfully be single:

1. Enjoy your friends

Make every night girl’s night while you can. Pop open a bottle of wine and watch the Bachelorette with no complaining from anyone.

2. Discover yourself

Take this time to learn new things about yourself. Really get to know who you are as an individual – this will make you a more confident, self-assured person.

3. Try new things

Push yourself to get out there, meet new people, get involved with school and do something new. You may not have as much time once that someone special comes along.

4, Let yourself be selfish

This is YOUR time. Do what you want to do and be who you want to be. And lastly…

5. Stop looking so hard

You know the saying “a watched pot never boils”? Well, that applies here, too. So often, the moment you stop looking for Mr. or Mrs. Right is the exact moment that person comes along. Plus, you’ll drive yourself nuts if you’re constantly on the lookout. So just enjoy being single, because once you find your person, you may never be single again.

I am a Senior at Michigan State University, majoring in Communications and minoring in PR. I love to sing in the car, play with my dog, and find new recipes to make for my roommates. Also, Netflix is life.
Content creator. Editor. Pop culture enthusiast.