This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Sis,

To even sit down and think about what to write to you as a college graduate… I am at a loss for words (and when has this ever happened before?). Even my word-saturated, never-resting, English-aficionado-of-a-brain cannot muster up the appropriate ebb and flow of words to tell you how proud I am of you.

My BIG sister, graduating college. You have been my role model since diapers, and you have set the bar high, academically. There are no doubts in my mind that you will succeed to indefinite proportions in this life. I know with every part of myself that you have found your niche in this chaotic world, and in turn, will surpass any expectations we have for you. You inspire me every single day, just because you are you. For that, I could not be happier for your life and can hardly wait to watch what you will do next. This is one enormous milestone of many more to come. I plan to be by your side and your root cause of laughter, through it all.

There will never be a day where you have ceased to amaze me. You’re doing it. You’re doing life without any instruction, and no one to ease the casualties by paving the way before you. I will forever be grateful for the advice you have bestowed upon me (whether I listened or not).

I cannot wait to see you turn your tassel from student to adult. You are going to adult so friggin’ hard.

This life has not been easy, but having you to lean on makes life an absolute joy.

With love until the end of time,

Your sister

Feminist | Editor | Lesbian