This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Name: Jill Kettlewell

Year: Freshman

Major: Neuroscience

Hometown: Royal Oak, Mich.

Relationship status? Happily taken

Favorite date spot on campus? The botanical gardens

Celeb crush? Andrew Garfield; he’s mega attractive, intelligent and has an English accent.

Any guilty pleasures? Everything pumpkin spice flavored

Favorite book? “Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban”; it’s the most interesting book in the series.

Interesting hobbies? Swing dancing, ukulele and creating crayon art. I also like to collect science textbooks from the 80’s or older. I mostly get them from the goodwill or the MSU Surplus Store.

Involved in any clubs? Neuroscience Club, Science Theater, Women’s Council and Slam Poetry

Favorite vacation spot? Every year for either winter or spring break my family goes to Marco Island, Florida.

Go-to outfit? Black and white a-line striped dress with black Vans

Your ideal Sparty combo? Garlic mayo turkey sandwich with milk and a Nature Valley bar

What’s your favorite Grand River eatery? Hop Cat; they have this amazing grilled cheese made with brie and apples. Crack fries are also the bomb; they have this amazing seasoning all over them.

Favorite MSU Dairy flavor? Sesquicentennial Swirl

Bike, bus or walk? Bike; I have one of those old-school beach cruisers.

What’s your perfect day? Sleeping in, eating blueberry pancakes with a side of bacon, going to cognitive psychology and then having time to just read and play my ukulele.

What is your favorite thing about being a part of the MSU family? The Spartan Pride; everyone loves this school. I’ve also been able to meet people from all over the place.

Your favorite life quote? “Life is like a book, and we’re the protagonist of the story, so it’s always going to work out for us.” -Marshall Marcero (My boyfriend)

A Freshman at Michigan State University. Enjoys 90's movies, rock alternative music, and reading books of all kinds. Apart of Gamma Phi Beta Sorority and studies Journalism. Can be found running around campus, eating heaps of food at the Caf, or cheering my Spartans on at Spartan Football Stadium!
Feminist | Editor | Lesbian