How to Host the Ultimate Galentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Each year, Valentine’s Day makes some ladies start fantasizing about romantic dinner dates and a dozen red roses. But if you’re anything like us, you’re more likely to be dreaming about the chance to celebrate your girlfriends. Thanks to our queen, Leslie Knope, we’ve got Galentine’s Day marked on our calendar, and we can’t wait to celebrate our lady love. This Feb. 13, follow our guide to host the ultimate Galentine’s Day party.

1. Gather a group of badass women.

It’s no secret that your friends are the most perfect, most powerful group around. Make sure they know it by inviting them all to your Galentine’s Day bash.

2. Add a few plus one’s.

Make sure your invitation includes the option for friends to bring a guest – girls only though! Your squad will have the opportunity to meet even more awesome women.

3. Set the tone.

It’s time to put those Pinterest boards to good use. Impress your friends as soon as they walk through the door with heart shaped confetti, quotes from inspirational women and a few well-placed photos of Leslie Knope.

4. Get crafty.

Whether it’s handmade cards, bath bombs or picture frames — give your gals something to remember their Galentine’s Day. They’ll love it even more because they made it with you!

5. Rent your favorite chick flicks.

No, we’re not talking rom-coms. Gather your guests for the ultimate girl power movie marathon. From Breakfast at Tiffany’s to Clueless, these female leads are sure to inspire.

7. Stock up on sugar.

Those heart-shaped chocolate boxes aren’t just for your S.O. Bake some red velvet cupcakes, cover some strawberries in white chocolate or even stock up on a variety of pink candies.

8. Don’t forget the wine.

Ever notice that every badass woman you know always has a glass of wine in hand? Your girlies will need a glass too. Red, white or rosé — it’s sure to fit the color scheme of your Galentine’s Day party perfectly.

9. Remember your girl crush.

We’ve all got that one woman who we idolize. Ask your squad to share their favorite famous females. Be inspired by all of the women doing good in the world and maybe find a new celeb to stalk on Instagram.

10. Switch up the venue.

Still not sold on the idea of a Galentine’s Day get-together? Get out of the house, and take your gals to celebrate in a different way! Volunteer in your community, take a self defense class or even see your favorite female artist in concert.

Photo Courtesy of Pexel

Feminist | Editor | Lesbian