Go For A Ride At Shondaland

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

#TGIT is officially back! The return of Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal and How to Get Away with Murder took over social media and television all across the land on Thursday, Jan. 29. Will Meredith really let Derek leave? Who kidnapped Olivia? How will Wes get away with murder on this one? Here’s a brief recap (spoiler alert!) of what went down Thursday night.

Yes, the rumors are true; Derek has left to work for the president, in D.C. while Meredith stays back in Seattle. She spent most of the episode searching for a caretaker, while a freeway crash of over 30 patients rolled in. Will Jackson and April lose their baby? We still don’t know BUT we do know the baby has been diagnosed with a fatal birth defect and it is taking a toll on both of them. Jackson can’t keep t off his mind and April is doing everything not to think about it by overworking herself until she finally had a mental break down. By the way, it’s a boy. Though Dr. Herman gave the official word on the Japril baby, she had problems of her own to worry about. She caught April and Dr. Shepard (Derek’s sister is the only Shepard in town now) examining her brain tumor and agreed to let them operate, only when the tumor becomes death threatening. I think she meant more death threatening though. Anyway, next week will be filled with more drama. Who will become Meredith’s new ‘person’?

#WhereIsOliviaPope? Unfortunately, we still don’t know. This winter premiere focused on the point of view of Olivia and her abduction. She spent the episode confined between the four walls of a cell that we have no idea where it is located, but she did have a cellmate. Still. She went through rough emotions, illusions of Jake rescuing her, living with Fitz in Virginia and even some murder in her attempt to escape. She found hope, in a bathroom window that she almost cracked open until the guards came in and found her. As she went back to her cell, she had to be punished right? Right. But instead, they punished her cellmate by shooting him. Now she was alone. She grows some courage and fights off one of the guards and shoots another, and starts heading for the front door! Run Olivia! She blasts through those two big red doors to find a projector with an illusion of an outside setting. She was still trapped and soon learned the ringmaster was her old cellmate. Series of unfortunate events, huh? Next week, the ringmaster releases a video of Olivia for ransom. Who will come for her first, Fitz or Jake?

Now that we know Wes killed Sam, we also know he didn’t do it alone. The whole gang was involved, Wes, Laurel, and Michaela that is. Asher was not involved in Sam’s murder and this may be there downfall. Each of them, including Annalise, was interrogated by the police. They are still unaware that Annalise knows how Sam was murders, and they also don’t know that she supports it. Annalise put up a good act in her interrogation, along with the rest of the gang. Now, they altered their focus to getting all of Rebecca’s charges dropped, which they were successful in, by refocusing their main suspect to Sam. Annalise led this offense so of course the court was surprised, but it worked! Now that everyone has their alibis in line, will they get away with murder?

Tune into #TGIT next week to see what’s next!

My name is Michelai Asanti Graham and I am a dual major in Journalism and Media & Information at Michigan State University. I came to Michigan from Sacramento, California to follow my dream. I am the youngest of six woman and a singe mother. I grew up in a very empowering and feministic household. I've explored videography and editorial writing and have found a niche for both at a young age. I am still building my skills set but I will become an expert investigative reporter to direct my own documentaries of what I find. These two careers go hand in hand to me. My experiences array from screen writing to producing to poetry and even camera operation. I thrive from my curiosity and creative thinking which powers my urge to explore and learn more. I am the Chapter Journalist for Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc., Epsilon Epsilon Chapter. I am the coordinator for Daughters of the Collective: Mentoring and Research Program. I love novels, films, candles, incense, coffee, tea and discovering new music. Her Campus has become the perfect avenue to share my experiences with you! Enjoy my work and I will enjoy yours with much gratitude. xoxo, California Girl.
Hi Collegiettes!I'm Amber Taylor, Campus Correspondent at Michigan State University!I will graduate from MSU this May with a degree in journalism and a specialization in design. I am a native Chicagoan who loves shopping for anything from shoes, to midi rings to plates from Crate & Barrel. In my spare time, I enjoy live music and observing contemporary art. SO excited to get MSU more involved with HerCampus this year!Feel free to reach out to me! -HCXOAmber