Gina Peera, ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Name: Gina Peera

Year: Senior

Major: Communications, minoring in public relations

Hometown: Grand Blanc, Michigan

What has been one of the most valuable takeaways you’ve gotten from being president of PRSSA?

I feel like I’ve learned how to manage my time better, something I was never really good at before. I’ve also realized the importance of delegating. You can’t do everything, people!

What’s one of your resolutions for 2018?

To stretch everyday and stop procrastinating! 

What or who is your the most prominent pop culture craze in your life? (I.e., artists, tv shows, movies, memes, etc.)

All of the above! I live for memes. “Big Little Lies” changed my life. “Broad City” is everything. 

If you could pick one, what is your favorite memory from your time at MSU?

I cherish every Sunday I can get brunch with my roommates then go home, sit on the couch and watch Lifetime movies all day (they’re so bad that they’re good.) Plus: any tailgate day.

The most recently played song on your Spotify…go!

“American Money” by Borns. A classic. 

What’s something most people don’t know about Gina Peera?

I have passed out three times: 1. First day of eighth grade. 2. Getting my prom dress fitted. 3. Inhaling too much helium from a fish balloon. 

Do you have any advice for incoming college freshmen?

There is honestly something for everyone. From awesome clubs like Her Campus to the Outdoor Club, try everything and see what sticks! Also, avoid buying textbooks if you can and Landon caf rocks. 

Content creator. Editor. Pop culture enthusiast.