Get a Spring Shoe Upgrade With These Picks!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

It is officially spring in East Lansing!  Celebrate this warmer weather with a shoe upgrade.  All of the spring trends featured on the next few pages can easily be worn to class, the bar, shopping, and everything else you find yourself up to.  The main take-away for shoe trends this season is to have fun and be fearless! 

Abstract prints

Abstract prints have been around for a while, but this season they’re showing up on shoes.  Make a bold statement with a colorful and unique print on your wedges, sandals, flats, you name it. 

This pair from DSW would lend the perfect boho vibe to denim shorts and a tank top for class.

$34.96

These wedges, also from DSW, continue the unique pattern onto the heel. These would definitely set you apart from the crowd. 

$49.95

[pagebreak]

Colorful Boat Shoes

It’s time to step away from the beige and tan Sperry’s and say “Hello!” to their fun spring counterpart.  Don’t worry about trying to match the color of your shoes to the rest of your outfit either, the look is supposed to be fun and carefree.

These boat shoes from Sperry Top-Sider come in a bunch of spring colors. 

$80.00

Or tone it down with a pair that features color on just one part of the shoe like these from Zappos. 

$90.00

[pagebreak]

Neon

Neon is a huge color for spring/summer and it’s being seen everywhere, including shoes. 

Instead of getting those cheap, rubber flip-flops invest in a pair that will have you looking stylish. Neon sandals are the perfect compliment to any summer outfit and a nice pair like this one from Steve Madden will make your outfit look more put together.

$29.95

These skimmer flats from Keds also feature crochet details and would be comfortable enough for everyday wear.

$50.00

Subtle neon piping makes these shoes from Steve Madden wearable with just about any outfit.

$89.95

[pagebreak]

Floral

Floral prints are a spring staple.  It can turn any item of clothing into something whimsical and romantic. 

Take sneakers for example, add a touch of colorful flowers and you have this adorable pair from Keds

$40.00

Cowboy boots get a makeover!  The ankle-height makes these booties from DSW perfect for spring and since the floral is muted you could wear these right into fall.

$79.95

Lauren is a fifth year senior at Michigan State University pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Journalism with a specialization in Editorial Reporting which she will graduate with in the summer of 2012. She previously graduated in May 2011 with a bachelor’s of arts degree in Apparel and Textile Design. Last summer she interned at 944 magazine which helped to strengthen her love for journalism. Lauren loves planning events such as the MSU Annual Undergraduate Fashion Exhibit last year where she had some of her designs and clothing featured. She loves sewing in her spare time and creating beautiful clothes for herself, friends and family. Lauren also enjoys entering her designs into fashion shows such as the Annual Apparel and Textile Design Fashion Show last spring on campus where one of her dresses was a finalist for the judges choice award. She loves any kinds of sweets, cooking, crazy nail polish colors, Italian and Mexican food, shopping for shoes, MSU football games and watching The Devil Wears Prada over and over. Lauren is so excited to be a part of the Her Campus team and is very eager to begin the Her Campus branch at Michigan State!