Emily Cottrell ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Emily Cottrell, a senior Sales Communications major from Chelsea, MI at MSU may only be 21, but she is far beyond her years. Former president of Kappa Delta Sorority and BCBGMaxAria partner shop manager, it seems Emily is always on the go. However, when she’s not too busy, you might find her in the Botanical Gardens here on campus (when its not quite this cold, that is), going for a run or indulging in her guiltest pleasure: chocolate. Emily is all about doing what’s fun and makes her the happiest. When asked about her favorite college memory, she exclaimed, “everything!” If she could trade places with anyone, her response was, “Beyoncé… because she’s Beyoncé.” Her ideal date would involve trying something new, so it comes to no surprise that the number one item on her bucket list is to take a trip within 2 days of planning it. (Talk about spontaneity!) Post graduation, Emily plans to continue to work and manage at BCBG and some day hopes to own her own boutique. Yet, through all of her experiences at MSU and elsewhere, her biggest piece of advice to future Spartans would be to “…go in blind and make stupid mistakes. It’s easier to recover from them when you’re young.”

Feminist | Editor | Lesbian