This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Name: Ashley Armstrong

Year: Freshman

Major: Biosystems Engineering

Hometown: Lake Orion, Michigan

What has been your favorite part of MSU so far? My favorite part is joining [Kappa Alpha] Theta because I have met the most people there. Most of the friendships that I have on campus are from there; I’ve gotten so many opportunities through it. I am now considering leadership roles there, and it has given me a good start here.

What advice would you give to an incoming freshman? I would advise them to do as much major research as you can. They say you have as much time in the world to figure it out, but it’s already spring semester, and I don’t know what to do, so I feel stressed! Just do all the research that you can about what is going to be right for you.

What are the best parts of MSU in the winter? The best part would be any possibility of a snow day! Well obviously, the first snow fall here is really pretty, and generally going to college in Michigan is something I really value!

What is your typical ‘combo’ at Sparty’s? A Lunchable, a string cheese/fruit cup and the flavored drink that is the special of the month.

Describe your dream job: As of right now, my dream job would be working at a hospital. Something like a doctor, but I don’t want to go to school to be a doctor. That’s why I’m really interested in being a PA, which is less school than a doctor. I want to work in a hospital, treat and diagnose patients, and just being able to help people. Or something working with puppies.

If you could create a major at MSU, what would it be? An animal lover major, or puppy appreciation major. Or to major in outdoor activities; a major dedicated to learning how to mountain climb and other outdoor things!

Under or Overrated?

Sparty’s Combos: Underrated

CATA Bus System: Overrated

Frat Houses: Overrated

Red Cedar River: Underrated

Caf Food: Overrated

Dorm Rooms: Overrated

Spartan Cash: Underrated

Community Bathrooms: Underrated

Feminist | Editor | Lesbian