Amanda Gentil ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Name: Amanda Gentil

Nickname: Agents

Year: Freshman

Major: Social Work

Hometown: Long Island, NY

Relationship Status: “Single and ready to mingle!”

What is your favorite part of being a Spartan: “I would definitely have to say the football games and the outgoing atmosphere of all the students.”

What has been your favorite class so far: “Social Work 200.”

What is your favorite food: “Chicken tenders and fries — late night combo is the best meal of the day.”

Who is your biggest role model: “I would definitely have to say my mom because she’s like super woman. She does everything and never complains about anything and takes really good care of her kids.”

What social media are you most addicted to: “Instagram and twitter are for sure tied.”

What is your idea of a perfect first date: “I probably would want a guy to take me skydiving and then go to a huge field for a picnic, then go to a beach at night…. and skinny dip.”

What is on your most recently watched on Netflix: “Vampire Diaries, but I’m very upset that I finished it today.”

What has most surprised you about your first year at MSU: “How big the transition is. You don’t realize how big it actually is until you actually experience it.”

What is the biggest turn off for you about a guy: “I hate when guys act really outgoing over text and then in person they are really shy and don’t say much.”

If you could tell your first semester self one thing what would it be: “Study harder but still have fun.”

My name is Shelby, I am an Advertising major pursuing minors in both PR and Graphic Design. I love being around people and experiencing new cultures, ideas, and beliefs. Some of my best memories here at MSU are spent with my best friends. My all time favorite quote is Maya Angelou's "I've learned people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
Hi Collegiettes!I'm Amber Taylor, Campus Correspondent at Michigan State University!I will graduate from MSU this May with a degree in journalism and a specialization in design. I am a native Chicagoan who loves shopping for anything from shoes, to midi rings to plates from Crate & Barrel. In my spare time, I enjoy live music and observing contemporary art. SO excited to get MSU more involved with HerCampus this year!Feel free to reach out to me! -HCXOAmber