This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

1. Take a stroll through the Beal Botanical Garden.

The garden is beautiful year ’round, but it’s extra enchanting in the fall. It’s the perfect place to unwind after a stressful day of lectures and labs, especially with the changing leaves.

2. Study by the Red Cedar River.

Feed the ducks, listen to the sound of the water and enjoy this peaceful study spot. If you’re not in the mood for studying, pulling out a blanket and reading a good book or simply taking a nap are all viable options on a gorgeous fall day.

3. Go to all of the home football games.  

It’s hard not to think about football when you think about fall at MSU. It’s one of the biggest things we look forward to when school starts back up again. Saturdays have never before been so exciting.

4. Take lots of pictures.

You have to admit, taking pictures of all of the beautiful spots across campus is basically a right of passage. What better way to appreciate the amazing school we are lucky enough to attend? #SpartanNation

5. Enjoy a Pumpkin Spice Latte at one of the three Starbucks on campus.  

For those who enjoy the occasional Starbucks coffee and for those who enjoy daily trips, this is a perfect way to embrace the season on campus. MSU was the first to build a Starbucks in an academic building, so it’s easy to stop by one of the locations on your way to class, and grab a latte.

6. Go all out for Halloween.

We Spartans celebrate two holidays more than any other: Halloween and St. Patty’s Day. Check out the haunted house in the Auditorium or wear a wacky costume to lecture, but whatever you do, make it a good one.

7. Treat yo’ self to some Dairy Store ice cream, because it’s never out of season.

No matter how cold it may be, it is never, ever too cold for some Dairy Store ice cream.

8. Enjoy our 21,000+ tree arboretum campus.  

MSU’s campus boasts over 21,000 trees, one of the reasons our campus is so beautiful in the fall. Nothing beats the sight of hundreds of thousands of brightly colored leaves scattered across walkways and on the Red Cedar River or the crunchy sound they make as students walk to class. Michigan State is beautiful all year ’round, but there’s something about the fall that makes it even more special.

Bekkah Baldwin is a sophomore at Michigan State University and is still undeclared but thinking about majoring in Neuroscience or Psychology with a minor in German. She loves to write, loves her school, and loves the idea of giving young women an outlet for their voices to be heard. So HerCampus seemed like the perfect place for her. When she's not busy studying, she enjoys being the goofy person she is with her friends and watching Netflix (because who doesn't). Her favorite shows include Friends, Gilmore Girls, Parks and Rec and One Tree Hill. Reading is another hobby, as is writing the occasional FanFiction for some of her favorite 80s movies. During summer breaks she works at the movie theatre in her hometown, one of her favorite places in the world and finds herself eating popcorn and drinking slushies all day. She works as a tour guide at MSU and has never stopped being excited about having the opportunity to show off her awesome school. She's 50% German and tends to visit family in Europe once a year. She wants to study abroad for sure and travel the world long after her college days are over. College was a wonderful transition, a place where she instantly felt she belonged and found her best friends, and she can't wait to see what this year as part of the HerCampus team will bring. Go Green!
Feminist | Editor | Lesbian