5 Must Have Spring Accessories

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Now that winter has finally come to and end, its time to dig out the spring essentials. Here are a few accessories every girl needs to have.

Sunglasses

It’s finally spring which means the sun has finally decided to make its appearance. With that its time to dig through your closet for your favorite pair or better yet, time to shop! Sunglasses are a girls best friend when the sun is blinding, or your makeup just isn’t holding up for the public eye. Whichever sunglasses you choose, you’re bound to make a fashion statement of your own.

Sandals

Right now is the best time to shop for new sandals. Not only are the new 2014 style out, most stores are putting them on sale before too many people decide its time to join the sandal world. THese stylish shoes go with any outfit and are so easy to slip on and go. So go get your new pair! The earlier you buy yours the better sales you will have and won’t be stuck with the traditional black from Old Navy.

Umbrella

We all know spring tends to be the wettest season. Sadly we have all been in the position where we are outside walking to class and then it decides to downpour. So this year why not prepare early? Always keep an umbrella in your bag when walking around campus and try to watch the weather before you head out. Nobody likes looking like a wet dog in class.  

New bag

Most of us like to keep way too much in our bags. Makeup, money, food, maybe even a change of clothes… So let’s freshen up our spring accessories and buy a new bag. Throw out the old one and go shopping! You dont have to spend hundreds of dollars to find a good bag. Look at new colors and patterns and you never know, it may even help spruce up your attitude to get you through the end of the semester blues.

New makeup collection

Most of us neglect our makeup collection. It’s not something we really worry about especially during the winter. So now that spring has made an appearance, why not spruce up your makeup collection? New makeup is always fun to shop for, won’t break the bank and can leave you feeling refreshed with new colors to work with.

Alena Davis is a senior journalism major at MSU and co-campus correspondent for HCMSU. She hopes to pursue a career in magazines based in New York or Chicago. In her spare time, she enjoys cooking, Instagramming and excursioning with friends. Follow her on Twitter: @alenaadavis & Instagram: @alenadavis