5 Great Things About Siblings

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

This week, we celebrated National Siblings Day and although there are times when we want to smack our siblings across the face, there are many wonderful things about having siblings:

1. They have your back when your parents are being annoying.

We all have those moments when we are so sick of our parents for whatever reason. Having a sibling means having someone you can vent to and it means having an ally for life.

2. It’s great to teach or be taught by siblings.

If you’re the oldest, it’s such a great feeling to watch your younger siblings grow up and learn from you. If you’re the youngest, it’s great having someone to look up to and learn from.

3. Sharing clothes.

Honestly, whether you have brothers or sisters, you can pretty much always find something in their closet that you could throw on and claim as your own.

4. Having a forever friend.

There’s a quote by Jeffrey Kluger that goes, “Your parents leave you too soon and your kids and spouse come along late, but your siblings know you when you are in your most inchoate form.” Enough said.

5. No one knows you like your sibling.

Siblings are there with you from the beginning. They get your humor and understand your hardships, they know how to press your buttons and how to cheer you up, they are your number one advocate and your greatest protector.

I am a Senior at Michigan State University, majoring in Communications and minoring in PR. I love to sing in the car, play with my dog, and find new recipes to make for my roommates. Also, Netflix is life.
Content creator. Editor. Pop culture enthusiast.