Style

What’s Your Personal Style? Take This Quiz to Find Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Is your style edgy, girly, sexy, boho, sporty, or a little of each? Take this quiz to find out, and share your results!

1. Describe your go-to jacket

A. A crisp black leather jacket

B. A fluffy pink fur coat

C. Who needs a jacket?

D. A long suede jacket with fringe

E. Your varsity jacket

2. Which of these celebrities has your favorite styles? 

A. Demi Lovato

B. Lily Collins

C. Kim Kardashian

D. Shailene Woodley

E. Serena Williams

3. Which outfit would you wear?

A.

B. 

C. 

D. 

E.

4. What accessory could you not live without?

A. A choker

B. Anything sparkly!

C. A body chain

D. A floppy hat

E. A sweatband

5. Which pair of shoes do you wish you had?

A.

B.

C.

D.

E.

6. What’s your usual hairstyle?

A. A severe side part

B. Down and flowy

C. Whatever’s hot at the moment

D. Braided

E. Tied back

7. What do you like most about your outfits?

A. They are cool and badass

B. They are pretty and feminine

C. They show off your body

D. They are free-spirited

E. They are convenient for your athletic activities

RESULTS

Now it’s time to find your style! Look at the letters you chose and see how they reflect your personal style:

Mostly A’s: Edgy

You love sleek and intense looks. Your style reflects a tough and cool personality. You tend to prefer a darker color scheme and intense looks when wearing makeup. Edgy looks are daring and very fun to experiment with. Staples like leather jackets, and ripped jeans can be very flattering and eye-catching. Just be sure to add a pop of color here and there!

Mostly B’s: Girly

You’re a girly-girl! Your fashion sense reflects a sweet, cute, and bubbly personality. You love pastels, pink, dresses, skirts, and of course, sparkle! These looks are always very sweet and will make you seem innocent and approachable. Staples like floral dresses and pink nail polish will always get some smiles. But it’s still ok to get out of your style comfort zone and wear something a little more daring!

Mostly C’s: Sexy

What can you say? You like to look hot. Tight dresses, low necklines, short hems, cutouts… it’s all your style. Your girls always come to you when it’s time to hit the clubs or party hard. Just remember that appropriate can look good too! Playing around with lace-ups and cold shoulders can be some sexy touches to everyday looks.

Mostly D’s: Bohemian 

You love fun, free-spirited, artsy looks. You have a creative and carefree personality, and your wardrobe reflects that. You are all for different patterns, experimenting with layers, and interesting accessories. These looks are fun and give off a quirky-Coachella type vibe. While you don’t want to wear too many out-there pieces at once, you can pull off fringe, feathers, and all kinds of great statement looks!

Mostly E’s: Sporty

You’re an athlete and your wardrobe reflects that! You are a strong and confident woman, and you know it. You often like to keep it simple with your outfits and focus on whatever will help you play your best. You can pull off almost any color scheme, so try to have some fun with it!

An even combination of at least 2 letters or more: Eclectic 

You can wear it all! You don’t bind yourself to just one look, instead, you love to experiment and switch it up. You rock a wide range of styles and are not afraid to step out of your comfort zone when it comes to fashion. You mix different outfit staples together and make it look great!

Photo Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Zoe Nolz

Montclair '21

Zoe is a student at Montclair State University. She is the current Fashion and Beauty Editor for Her Campus Montclair. When she is not in class or doing work, you can catch her hanging with friends, shopping, writing, watching movies, drinking smoothies, just chilling or off on an adventure!
Danielle has held various positions at Her Campus Montclair. Starting as a Contributing Writer during her sophomore year at MSU in 2015, she later became President & Editor-in-Chief during her senior year in 2017. She completed her B.A. in Communication & Media Arts with a minor in Leadership Development at Montclair State University in January 2018. Besides writing, she's a lover of cozy cafés, good lyrics, inspiring speeches, mountainous retreats, and sunsets on the skyline. She enjoys capturing the moment and has a passion for travel and discovery. You can often find her exploring NYC or venturing to one of her favorite East Coast spots.