danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

HCM VP & Content Strategy Director: Sabrina Araullo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Name: Sabrina Araullo

Year: Senior

Major: Public Relations and a minor in Public and Professional Writing

Hometown: Wayne, NJ

HCM Position: Vice President and Content Strategy Director

HCM: How did you get involved in HCM?

SA: Just prior to beginning my sophomore year at MSU, I realized I spent the bulk of freshman year commuting from classes to work with little time spent building relationships on campus and developing real, collegiate experiences. So, I decided I wanted to do more and experience more both on and off campus. When I saw an announcement for potential HCM writers on the Class of 2018 Facebook page, I immediately sent in a writing sample and pitched why I would be a good addition to the team. I saw it as a perfect opportunity to combine my passion for writing and storytelling with the simple desire to experience more. Since then, I’ve had the perfect excuse to explore the Montclair community, interview incredibly inspiring students on everything from fashion to politics (remember when I interviewed people on the shuttle on their political views?), and pushed myself out of my personal comfort zone by writing thoughtful, reflective pieces that have allowed me to gain a better sense of self-awareness. Also, I went through the whole seven blind dates in seven days experience. Definitely, something I’d only do for an article. 

HCM: What else do you do on campus?

SA: In addition to being VP and Content Strategy Director for Her Campus Montclair, I’m the President of MSU’s chapter of the Public Relations Student Society of America, Firm Director for the university’s first student-run public relations agency, Hawk Communications, and I’m the Communications Manager for the university’s upcoming student-produced news program which will air on the local Montclair television channel. 

HCM: Where do you hope to be after graduation?

SA: After graduation you’ll find me behind a desk at a public relations or marketing agency, slowly sipping coffee from my mug with the motivational line “building my empire” emblazoned on it, while figuring out how to make the most out of the 8 years I have left to make it on the Forbes 30 Under 30 list. 

HCM: What is the biggest lesson you’ve learned in college?

SA: I can’t choose one lesson, so I’ll go with three: every experience and every person you meet has the potential to teach you something, invest in yourself both personally and professionally, and, honestly, we’re in college so this is the time to be going all out and learning from our mistakes.

HCM: What motivates you?

SA: I’m motivated by so many things (I’ve literally taken notes while eavesdropping on a freelance branding expert’s conversation in a coffee shop) but it comes down to my innate curiosity and drive to do better, as well as the passion of other people and learning about their career trajectories. So rarely does someone’s career trajectory end up linear, so it’s fascinating for me to not only learn about how someone got from point A to point B, but also their challenges and how they overcame them.

HCM: Any words to help other collegiate girls pursue their passion?

SA: Five words… don’t stop until you’re proud.

Read Sabrina’s articles for Her Campus Montclair here.

Danielle has held various positions at Her Campus Montclair. Starting as a Contributing Writer during her sophomore year at MSU in 2015, she later became President & Editor-in-Chief during her senior year in 2017. She completed her B.A. in Communication & Media Arts with a minor in Leadership Development at Montclair State University in January 2018. Besides writing, she's a lover of cozy cafés, good lyrics, inspiring speeches, mountainous retreats, and sunsets on the skyline. She enjoys capturing the moment and has a passion for travel and discovery. You can often find her exploring NYC or venturing to one of her favorite East Coast spots.