HC Montclair’s Winter Break To-Do List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas Winter Break!

It’s almost that time of year again, collegiettes! With the end of the fall semester rapidly approaching (cough, cough – finals!), college students everywhere can unanimously agree that our winter break couldn’t be here soon enough. After all, we’ve worked SO hard all semester. So, why not play even harder? Yeah, we can’t think of a reason as to why we shouldn’t, either! Here are some ways for college students everywhere to safely enjoy this well-deserved, month-long winter break!

VOLUNTEER. It is the holiday season after all, and what better way to get into the holiday spirit than to offer your time and services to those who can benefit from it most? Sure, volunteering looks good, but it feels even better! 

HAVE QUALITY TIME. Whether you are spending time with your family, your friends, your pet, or even yourself – make sure it’s quality time! It’s difficult for college students to spend quality time with the people (or pets!) most significant to them during the busy semester, so do it while the opportunity is still present.

TRAVEL. Traveling is something that most college students don’t get to do too much of during the busy semester, so why not take the time to do so during the break? Whether near or far, it doesn’t matter, so long as your travels are safe. A visit to New York City’s Rockefeller Center is a timeless classic!    

PARTY. A little party never killed nobody! ‘Tis the season of hot chocolate, ugly Christmas sweaters, and onesies (hello, themed-parties). Party hard, but more importantly, party smart.

RELAX. After volunteering, spending quality time, traveling and partying, you’re bound to be exhausted (as if you weren’t already to being with!). Set aside adequate time for yourself to relax during this winter break because once it’s over, spring semester is going to hit – and it’ll hit hard!

Enjoy your winter break, collegiettes! Stay safe, enjoy it, and lastly, Happy New Year!

Photo Credit: 1, 2

Imani is a full-time junior student attending Montclair State University where she majors in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing. She is happy to be the Assistant Editor-in-Chief of the Her Campus Montclair chapter!