Get to Know: Kristen Martinelli!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Name: Kristen Martinelli

Age: 21

Year: Senior

Major: English

Hometown: Pompton Lakes, NJ

What’s your favorite memory from your time Montclair State University?

Any of my classes with Dr. Laura Nicosia have been amazing, so that’s a good memory. I love the subjects she teaches and her teaching style is just to die for. We always have good classroom discussions about literature so it’s just my favorite.

What’s your least favorite thing about MSU?

Being a commuter – parking definitely sucks!

What’s your favorite thing about MSU?

I guess my English classes have been my favorite so far. I mean I am an English major after all!

What’s your favorite thing about being an English major?

Getting to explore so many topics around novels or poems or creative writing, it’s the best!

Where would go on your dream vacation?

Eating my way through Italy!

What are your hopes for the future?

To do something that I love and I feel passionate about, spend time with my family and be healthy.

What’s a movement your really believe in?

“Make America Read Again.” I think somebody played it off Donald Trump’s “Make America Great Again” and it’s about promoting literature and getting everyone to love books. (Editor’s Note: Check out here and here for more information.)

What’s something a new friend should know about you?

I’m obsessed with food!

Think Quick! What’s Your Favorite

Actor? Benedict Cumberbatch

Actress? Emma Watson

Book? Winger by Andrew Smith

Movie? Inception

TV Show? Dr. Who

Show to Binge-watch on Netflix? The Walking Dead

Musical? Hairspray

Superhero? Captain America

Food? Pizza

Song? “Holy” by Florida Georgia Line

Color? Blue

Victoria Testa (or, as she likes to be called, Tori) is a Senior English major and Journalism minor at Montclair State University. She is currently in the process of applying to graduate school at MSU to pursue a higher degree in Education/The Art of Teaching. She is an outdoorsy, outgoing, friendly face on campus who is most often found with a cup of coffee and Netflix on.
Sarah Vazquez is a senior at Montclair State University, majoring in English and minoring in Journalism. She is the current Editor-in-Chief and a Co-Campus Correspondent at Her Campus Montclair. She is an avid concert-goer, podcast junkie, X-Files fanatic and someone who always has her nose buried deep inside a book.