Coats Galore: 5 Coats To Get You Through The Cold In Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Let’s be honest ladies, this time of the year is great for so many reasons! The temperature drops, the leaves fall and the holiday spirit begins to take over all of us (albeit some of us later than others). Another major bonus is the fashion trends that make their long awaited returns. From oversized sweaters and scarves to beanies and boots, we look forward to Fall and Winter as much for the fashion as we do the Holidays!

Now while living in this part of the country and attending MSU, there’s one article that is a MUST-HAVE staple to have in your closet: a coat!

Not only are coats a great piece to have in that overflowing collection of clothes you call a closet, but they are a necessity in the winter wonderland that is Montclair State. It can get pretty cold here during the winter months so if there’s one investment you want to make, it’s in a good coat. But remember you don’t need to sacrifice style to find a great coat! 

Here are five coats (all courtesy of H&M) that will get you through the Fall and Winter months without breaking the bank or your style!

1. Parka

Great for it’s length and detachable lining, a parka is my go-to coat for cold, rainy days and the transition between Fall and Winter!

$59.95

2. Duffle Coat

Felt Duffle coats are a great option to consider when shopping for coat. Not only are they super warm, but they are also super stylish! This one in particular with its toggle accented closures and faux-fur-trimmed hood is one of my favorites (and one that’s on my Christmas wish list!)

$34.95

3. Padded Coat 

There’s something about a padded coat that just screams perfect! This stylish coat features a detachable, faux-fur trimmed hood, a stylish belt and is a bit longer in the back for added warmth! 

$29.95

4. Double-Breasted Coat

Everyone’s got one and everyone loves them! Known for their stylish cut and warmth, double-breasted coats are many girls go-to favorite coat. I love this one in particular for its length and trendy leather detailing!

$34.95

5. Long Wool Coat

If there’s one coat every woman should own at least once in her lifetime, it’s a long wool coat! There’s a reason these coats have been a main staple in the coat market for decades. They’re warm, they’re stylish and most of all they last a long time. And if that doesn’t convince you, the faux-fur trim should be the icing on the cake!

$59.95

*All picture courtesy of H&M.com*

Sarah Vazquez is a senior at Montclair State University, majoring in English and minoring in Journalism. She is the current Editor-in-Chief and a Co-Campus Correspondent at Her Campus Montclair. She is an avid concert-goer, podcast junkie, X-Files fanatic and someone who always has her nose buried deep inside a book.     
Jennifer is a Feature Writer for Her Campus Montclair and a junior at Montclair State University. Jennifer is majoring in nutrition with a concentration in dietetics with a biology minor. She absolutely loves to write and dance and enjoys expressing her creativity through writing and dancing! She recently began practicing yoga and she loves it very much. Jennifer hopes to become a Registered Dietitian and one day write for a health & fitness magazine. Health is very important to Jennifer and she wants to share her love of health and fitness with the world!