Classwish.org

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Thank Your Teachers!

I’ve recently come across an organization on my search for an internship called ClassWish.org. They are a non-profit that focuses on raising funding for teachers and their students. We all know how difficult the economy is now and the ones who are suffering the most are students K-12. This website allows teachers to make class wish lists and get funding for the items they need most in classrooms.

ClassWish.org has launched a new social media campaign called thanktheteachers.org and thankthecoaches.org. We’ve all had the one teacher that believed in us, that we thought of as the best, and can’t help but want to thank them for everything. This is a great opportunity to do just that! Thank your teachers by writing them a letter AND telling them to make their own class list. Many teachers use their own pay to buy resources; while this is a great thing they shouldn’t have to sacrifice their own pay.

They’ve helped us get to where we are, now, we can return the favor and help them help other students. Spread the word about this amazing organization to help students stay on top of their education. If you wish to write to your teacher, you may find their email on your old school’s website.

Here are a few links to help you: http://www.thanktheteachers.org/say-thanks.html#.URfsQuh4m8o

The organization’s website: Classwish.org

Dylan Ebraheem is a senior at Montclair State University with a major in Fashion Studies and a minor in Communications. She is the current Social Media Director and a Executive Editor. She has had 8 internships and is a Keds + Intern Queen Ambassador. She dreams of traveling to London and Paris after graduating and is a huge Harry Potter fan. She has her own blog/website (www.sartorialspice.com) in hopes of growing her following and perfecting her writing.