Campus Cutie: Sydney Diaz

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Name: Sydney Diaz

Age: 20

Class: 2017

What is your Major and why did you choose Montclair?

I’m a Theatre Studies Major and the reasons I chose Montclair was for its location and its environment. The campus is not too far from my hometown, which works great so I can commute and it also has the convenience of easy transportation to the city, which is great for my major! As for the environment, I wanted to go somewhere that would let me really focus on my education. In the past, I loved a party environment but I felt like college should be a time to grow and focus on my future and myself. Montclair isn’t the biggest party school so it leaves me with the perfect opportunity to really do that! 

Who’s your celebrity crush?

My celebrity crush? Hm, there’s a lot but everyone knows I’m obsessed with Evan Peters, Jeffery Dean Morgan and Johnny Depp! I also have the biggest girl crush on Sarah Paulson. She’s my favorite actress right now, I really love everything she does!

If you could travel to anytime period, where would you travel?

Well it’s definitely a tie between the 50’s and 60’s! The cars, the clothes the makeup. Oh, it would be so much fun! Plus, getting into acting around that time would be really great! I really think I could give Marilyn a run for her money. 

If you could invite four people to dinner, dead or alive, who would it be?

Well first is would be my mother, or course, then you! Then my grandma. I love her so much! And last? Hm, let me think of a celebrity to make this more interesting. You know what, I’d pick Taylor Swift. She seems like she’s be so much fun and would have the most interesting stories.

If you were stranded on a deserted island, what three things would you bring?

Oh god that’s so hard! I guess it would have to be a lifetime supply of bottled water, a biography on Shakespeare and a lifetime supply of Chipotle.

Sarah Vazquez is a senior at Montclair State University, majoring in English and minoring in Journalism. She is the current Editor-in-Chief and a Co-Campus Correspondent at Her Campus Montclair. She is an avid concert-goer, podcast junkie, X-Files fanatic and someone who always has her nose buried deep inside a book.