Campus Cutie: Mi’Quanah Johnson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.
Name: Mi’Quanah Johnson
Year: Sophomore
Major: Justice Studies

HC: How would you describe your style?
MJ: What was it they used to call TLC? Oh yeah Crazy, sexy and cool! I say crazy because I’m more of a “piecey” person. I like to put certain prints and items together that people wouldn’t always agree with but that’s just me, I’m crazy. I feel sexy sometimes too! Maybe on a Friday I’ll show some skin in crop top or a fitted dress. What girl doesn’t? And . . . oh yeah, cool! It sounds cliche, but I wear clothing that’s “in” so I guess that’s “cool.”

HC: Which do you prefer, heels or flats?
MJ: Heels. They make me feel like more of a lady.

HC: Fun fact about yourself?
MJ: I’m a twin, the oldest by 20 minutes. 

HC: Have you two ever acted like the other in order to get out of something? 
MJ: No because everyone can tell us apart.

HC: Do you have a phrase you always say? 
MJ: I say a lot of things! I quote movies all day. I’m just a walking movie theatre! *laughs*

HC: What would you do on your ideal date?
MJ: I like it to be somewhere local, I’m simple. I like social settings, a night out to the movies and TGI Fridays, because I’m not a fan of anywhere else.

HC: Do you approve of PDA or is that supposed to be private?
MJ: I approve. If you’re really feeling someone why not show it in public? It’s America for crying out loud! *laughs*

HC: Where could someone run into you on campus?
MJ: The Heights. There’s a lot of people there, that’s where you see everyone. 

HC: Looking back, what is something you would have told yourself as a freshman? 
MJ: It’s okay to be yourself. You don’t have to blend in.

HC: How do you plan to have successful semester?
MJ: I plan to study hard, stay focused and complete assignments way ahead of time. 

HC: Do you have some words of wisdom you’d like to share? 
MJ: Tough times don’t last, tough people do.
South Jersey native whose passion for writing lured her 14 miles from New York. Lataya is a student at Montclair State with a major in Journalism.