Campus Cutie: Jozsue Iriarte

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Name: Jozsue Iriarte

Major: Fashion Studies

Hometown: Elizabeth, NJ

Birthday: October 12, 1995

Favorite quote: My happiness doesn’t come from money or fame. My happiness comes from seeing life without struggle. When I’m doing things that I never thought I could do but that I pray that one day I would be able to do.

HCM:  What do you love the most about your major?

JI: I love fashion. I feel like with an outfit, you can make a very clear statement of who you are. I don’t just like fashion because of the hype it has, but because you can be as creative as you can be – whether you’re styling someone, creating your own clothing or putting an outfit together for yourself. If you want to call it being materialistic, then so be it, but there’s an art to fashion that a lot of people don’t have the potential in seeing and don’t have the ability to capture.

HCM:  Who is your celebrity crush?

JI: I think that anyone that knows me, knows that Nicki Minaj is like my sister (laughs). No but for real, I’m in love with her. I’ve been a hard-core fan of her since the 7th grade, probably even before. As a person, she’s really taught me to not care what people say, she’s taught me so much about just life in general. I learn by how she deals with situations that happen in the industry and by how she simply carries herself. Nicki’s music is amazing too; I literally love everything Nicki does. Also, she’s so versatile in her music; I can listen to her when I’m sad, mad or happy. Nicki’s worked so hard to where she’s at right now in her career and that’s why she’s crowned queen. It’s an inspiration to me, to do what I love and not give up, with hard work anything will come.

HCM: What is your favorite dish to eat during the holidays and why?

JI: I’m Dominican and Peruvian so I don’t think I have a favorite dish (laughs). During the holidays, my family has so much food on the table; it’s honestly hard to pick my favorite. I have to say my cousin’s mac & cheese, my moms rice and beans, and my grandmother’s pasta salad is my favorite. In general, I love to eat so I don’t think I have a favorite dish at all. I love food.

HCM: What is your favorite thing about MSU?

JI: My favorite thing about MSU was Starbucks (rolls eyes and laughs), but I guess everyone’s favorite things never last. On the brightside, I love Montclair’s new Chili’s restaurant.

HCM:  What is your ideal date?

JI: I love a nice romantic setting on the rooftop with a nice view honestly, but I can also appreciate a walk in the city filled with shopping, eating and laughing. Nothing better than to just getting to know someone more and liking them for who they really are and not just their appearance, all dates don’t have to be these extravagant expensive dinners.

HCM:  What are a few qualities you look for in a partner?

JI: I’m so picky when it comes to liking someone. I’ll narrow it down and say I like someone that can make me laugh, that’s humble and can just deal with the crazy personality I have (laughs). Also, being into fashion, I do look for someone that can dress really well. You know someone that can match my fly (winks).

HCM:  What is your favorite fashion accessory?

JI: I can never go a day with my gold watch on my wrist. I have a Michael Kors and a Casio all gold watches that I wear every day. I think they give that extra bling to an outfit.

HCM:  What is your favorite thing to do during the holidays? 

JI: As crazy and outgoing as I am, I definitely think that holidays are to be spent to be with your family. I’m very family-oriented. I love my family and I don’t know where I’ll be without them. I love being with them, laughing, and having a good time with family during the holidays.