Campus Celebrity: Danison Fronda

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Danison Fronda

Senior, Accounting Major

Transfer Student

Commuter

Favorite color: Cerulean Blue

Favorite movie: X-Men: Days of Future Past

Favorite celebrity: Neil Patrick Harris

HCM: What are some the organizations you’re involved with on campus?

DF: I’m the Public Relations chair of the Montclair State Dance Company (and the first man to ever be on our Executive Board!). I’m also the Secretary for RecBoard and I work at the Campus Recreation Center.

HCM: Wow, definitely keeping yourself busy! What are some of your hobbies?

DF: I enjoy making origami, dancing, and I also have a YouTube channel where I post videos, such as daily vlogs, fun challenges, or ASL (American Sign Language) song covers, every Friday!

HCM: That sounds like so much fun, I’m sure our readers would love to check out your channel. So tell me, why did you end up transferring to MSU?

DF: I was supposed to come to Montclair my freshman year but I was given the opportunity to do the NJ Stars Program and go to my county college for two years to receive my Associate’s degree which would help me receive funding to come to Montclair!

HCM: Oh that’s great! So on top of everything else you do you’re also a great student? You’re certainly quite the catch! So tell me, what’s your favorite thing about MSU?

DF: I love the atmosphere; people are so welcoming here and I felt safe on this campus which lead me to become so involved with student life here.

HCM: Random question time, what’s one of the most thrilling things you’ve ever done?

DF: This may not be too exciting, but telling a boy that I liked him for the first time; I was so nervous and guys had always told me they liked me first and it was so nerve-wracking. Hearing that he liked me back was the best thing, ever.

HCM: That’s so sweet! To wrap it up, what’s something you hope to accomplish within the next ten years?

DF: I really want my YouTube channel to hit a point where I have a good following. I want “DearDanison” to be an advice channel geared toward the LGBTQ community; that’s the ultimate goal!

Want to see more of Danison? Go follow him on YouTube! You won’t be sorry. http://www.youtube.com/user/deardanison

Bri Capik

Montclair

Hi, my name's Bri, I'm currently a Junior Communications Studies major and English minor at Montclair State University. I love dance, reading, crocheting, coffee, anything Disney, and of course, writing for Her Campus!
Jennifer is a Feature Writer for Her Campus Montclair and a junior at Montclair State University. Jennifer is majoring in nutrition with a concentration in dietetics with a biology minor. She absolutely loves to write and dance and enjoys expressing her creativity through writing and dancing! She recently began practicing yoga and she loves it very much. Jennifer hopes to become a Registered Dietitian and one day write for a health & fitness magazine. Health is very important to Jennifer and she wants to share her love of health and fitness with the world!