Campus Celebrity: Alexis Keresztes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Name: Alexis Keresztes

Year: Senior

Major: Psychology, Studio Art minor

Hometown: Plainsboro, New Jersey

Whether you spotted her long legs exercising at the gym or saw her red hair around campus, chances are you’ve seen Lexi Keresztes before. Lexi is a senior at MSU and it’s clear that she’s involved with as many activities as possible on our campus.

Lexi is a Psychology major and Studio Art minor. She hopes to one day be an art therapist, and wants to study that more closely in Graduate School, but her interests don’t end there! Lexi loves working out, which is why you can always find her at the gym, either to fit in an intense workout or in her khaki pants and black shirt, which designates her as a “Campus Recreation” employee.

But this Campus Celebrity wasn’t always as involved as she is now. “I would go to sporting events and I did inter-mural sports, but I didn’t feel like I was contributing to the campus or really being productive with my short time at MSU.” This is what made her want to apply to work at the Student Recreation Center on campus as a second semester freshman. After that, she started working as a Student Leader on campus. The friends she made there suggested that Lexi should think about joining Greek life – something she never thought she’d do.

However, when Lexi attended an event to get to know the sisters of all four national sororities, she didn’t find what she expected. “I ended up thoroughly enjoying everything that Greek life had to offer and was so excited when I eventually got a bid from a group of ladies that are now my sisters.” As of the beginning of spring 2014, Lexi has been leading her sorority as the chapter president.

So, how does this campus queen balance the hectic schedule of being a full time student, an employee, and a sorority president? She just makes sure to get all the hard work done before having fun. Lexi studies with her friends and is always applying the things she learns in psychology classes in the real world so that she’s constantly learning. Lexi says, “It’s a lot more responsibility, but I love all of the stress because I know how much this prepares me for the real world.”

As far as the future, Lexi hopes to work at a psychological institute where she would help teens battling depression and addiction through art therapy. “I feel a lot of people want to work with children or adults that we often forget that the teenage years tend to be hardest on us, and I would love to be that person to change a person’s life for the better.” We can definitely see this involved collegiette having a bright future helping others!

My name is Kelly, I'm a senior at Montclair State. I'm an English major with a minor in journalism.
Jennifer is a Feature Writer for Her Campus Montclair and a junior at Montclair State University. Jennifer is majoring in nutrition with a concentration in dietetics with a biology minor. She absolutely loves to write and dance and enjoys expressing her creativity through writing and dancing! She recently began practicing yoga and she loves it very much. Jennifer hopes to become a Registered Dietitian and one day write for a health & fitness magazine. Health is very important to Jennifer and she wants to share her love of health and fitness with the world!