5 Ways to Spice Up Your Wardrobe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

There you are,staring into your closet, and the very familiar phrase of “I don’t have anything to wear” leaves your lips. We’ve all been there, we tire of wearing the same clothes over and over, it might even start to become a uniform! Instead of rushing to the nearest shopping center or store, use these 5 tips to vamp up your already existing wardrobe.

1. Accessorize

Accessories are your best friend, they can make an outfit go from drab to fab. They really add dimension to your outfit and are easily interchangeable, which can lead to different combinations and looks. You can go from demure to edgy in a snap. Your accessories can be bracelets, shoes,purses, necklaces, etc. Necklaces can make a simple collar shirt look polished and fashion-forward while a belt can make a dress breathtaking.

2. Beautify

Makeup can change your look and attitude. If you smear on some red hot lipstick with your basic t-shirt, you instantly change the vibe of your outfit to sultry, edgy, and confident. You can put on some blush or powder and an all natural look would look good with any outfit, but just make it all look even more put together.

3. Polish Yourself

Nail polish is my holy grail and it can instantly add a pop of color or compliment your jeans and shirt. There are a variety of colors, shades, and metallics to choose from. It’s easy, quick, and fun to do. Add an electric blue or rosy pink to your nails and you will be sure to get some comments. Nail art is another thing you can take into consideration, it instantly adds an oomph to an already great manicure.

4. Tantalizing Tresses

Hair is something that we all love and prize. There are so many ways this can exemplify your wardrobe. Curling it, straightening it, dying it, cutting it, do I really need to name them all? Your hair color and length is a work of art in it’s own right and is a simple way to change it up. Wear it up one day and down the other and you can really see how it changes the atmosphere of your look. What’s even better? It’s pretty much free.

5. Dazzling Embellishments

Studs, gems, stick-ons, and pearls can breath life into a dull sweater or shirt. We see studs on everything now from flats, shirts, jeans, and even purses. You can buy an edgy bag with studs on them or buy some studs and stud everything and anything you wear. It’s fun to do and you will feel proud and content with the creation you made.

Next time you stare into the dark abyss you call your closet, just remember, there are a number of ways to re-purpose or restyle your already existing wardrobe. As college students, we should learn to be frugal and use the things we already have. Who can complain about that?

Dylan Ebraheem is a senior at Montclair State University with a major in Fashion Studies and a minor in Communications. She is the current Social Media Director and a Executive Editor. She has had 8 internships and is a Keds + Intern Queen Ambassador. She dreams of traveling to London and Paris after graduating and is a huge Harry Potter fan. She has her own blog/website (www.sartorialspice.com) in hopes of growing her following and perfecting her writing.