yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

4 Fall Shows We’re Excited About

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Fall is easily the best season for many reasons. With it comes a new school year, a fresh start, cooler weather and pumpkin flavored everything. But none of those reasons truly explain how great fall is. The best thing about the season is the start of the new seasons of all our favorite shows, because let’s face it: there is nothing better than curling up on a cool night and watching an hour’s worth of drama, action, and scandal. Let’s round up the top four shows that everyone on your timeline will be tweeting about!

Scandal

If there’s one show on TV that can make you scream, cry and laugh all in one episode, it’s Scandal. Since the first season, fans have watched the roller coaster that is the relationship between “fixer” Olivia Pope and President Fitzgerald “Fitz” Grant. Through its many ups and downs, Scandal manages to end every episode on some sort of cliffhanger, leaving you always wanting more. Season five’s finale set us up with the presidential candidates for the upcoming election that is sure to blow up during season six (not unlike our own current election.) Regardless, we are so excited for its return! Last season also set the stage for another round of Olivia and Fitz vs. Olivia and Jake drama, so Twitter is sure to be trending with those hashtags every single Thursday! During the off season, lead actress Kerry Washington announced that she was pregnant with baby number two. As a result, Scandal will premiere later than usual and is slated for a midseason premiere.

Empire

“Tell him, Boo-Boo Kitty!” If you’re not watching Fox’s Empire, what are you doing with your life? Empire revolves around the Lyons, a family of performers and music moguls. Last season’s finale left its fans on the edge of their seats with the possible death of one of its main characters – the question is, which one was it that was pushed off the balcony, Rhonda or Anika? But even with a cliffhanger like that, everyone is the most excited for the return of the fiercest matriarch out there – Cookie! Taraji P. Henson inarguably plays the funniest, most outrageous character on TV right now. Henson shines as Cookie, the mother of the three Lyon sons, as she delivers hilarious zingers episode after episode. With a perfect balance of comedy and drama, it’s no wonder why Empire has had everyone hooked since its premiere in 2015. The new season of Empire premieres September 21st on Fox.

American Horror Story

If there’s one show on television right now that is bound to give you nightmares week after week, it’s American Horror Story. This time around, viewers have absolutely no idea what the sixth season will be about. Over the summer multiple teasers were released, but we still have very little inkling of what we are in store for, as it was revealed they were in fact dummy trailers meant to misdirect viewers in an attempt to keep this seasons storyline a surprise. This marketing campaign may be a good thing for the show, in more ways than one, as the show has some redeeming to do. Viewers were quick to voice their dissatisfaction with the show’s fifth season, which dealt with vampires and a hotel that was damn near impossible to check out of. Lady Gaga makes a return in season six and we’re hoping she and the show can make a strong comeback no matter what the storyline entails. American Horror Story premieres tonight, September 14th, on FX.

Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life

What would the early 2000’s have been without our favorite mother-daughter duo from Stars Hollow? This fall, Netflix is rolling out four 90-minute episodes of fan favorite, Gilmore Girls. Lorelai and Rory Gilmore are back to remind us that throwbacks can come back strong. Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel and much of the original cast (hello Milo Ventimiglia!) are back for the revival. The four-part series premieres on Netflix November 25th, giving you the perfect excuse to stay in after your Thanksgiving food-coma as opposed to braving the lines for Black Friday!

Image Sources: 1 2 3 4 5

21 year old journalism student at Montclair State University
Sarah Vazquez is a senior at Montclair State University, majoring in English and minoring in Journalism. She is the current Editor-in-Chief and a Co-Campus Correspondent at Her Campus Montclair. She is an avid concert-goer, podcast junkie, X-Files fanatic and someone who always has her nose buried deep inside a book.