3 Chic Looks for the Working Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Many times when we wake up in the morning to get ready to work, we go through our wardrobe, stand in front of our closet, put our arms above our head and declare “I have nothing to wear!”

Work attire is a tricky subject and as much as we want to look fashionable 24 hours a day and look presentable at work from 9-5, adding a dose of style can be a challenge.  Even though many firms’ dress code is casual, we still want our ensembles to look appropriate, modest, and clean. After all, professionalism is a paramount!

For those looking for office style inspiration and work wear ideas for the corporate world, we have compiled a list of three chic looks for the working girl.  

1. Pencil Skirt

We fell in love with this pastel colored business casual outfit. It’s sweet and cute all rolled into one. This women’s elegant pencil skirt is perfect for any body figure. This fashionable silhouette can be worn with everything and gives you a slim and tall look. You can pair it with a silky or peplum top or a cardigan and shirt. You can also wear it with heels or flats. Don’t forget to add traditional accessories, like pearls or diamonds, for a professional lady-like look!

Check out these pencil skirts: 1 2

2. Black Slacks

What is classier than black and white colors? Black and white will probably be in for the rest of time, long after neon, floral patterns and animal print. The sophisticated look of a white top tucked in classic black pants will capture the attention of many and give you a graceful look that many wish to have. Pair this outfit with dark sunglasses, black leather purse, vibrant colored shoes and jewelry, such as maxi necklace, for great finishing touches!

For the Fall/Winter seasons, you can also style this beautiful outfit with a warm coat. Also, if you are not much of a black and white fan, you can always wear a colored top with black pants.

3. Dress

Wearing dresses to work is always stylish and classic. Since there are so many varieties and styles that showcase your personality and suit your body shape, you can always find one that fits your work environment.

If you work in a creative work setting, your dress should display your creative side. People who are creative are always taking chances and stepping out to present their ideas. An ideal dress for this type of environment is a classic dress which has a twist to it. You could wear a lacy dress or a dress with funky prints. Then you can pair it with a belt, a blazer, tote bag, jewelry and shoes that portray smart design features.

Photo Credit: 1 2 3