3 Audiobooks to Listen to for the Entrepreneurial College Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Over the past few years, entrepreneurship has become a part of so many colleges as well as the K-12 education system. Entrepreneurship previously wasn’t so exciting or vastly taught about in traditional school systems. What’s so great about the movement of entrepreneurship programs is that it has allowed students to maneuver their existing talents and skills and allow them to really dive into what it is like to build a business, take action for a charitable cause, and get their hands dirty with real-world experience. 

For those students who are interested or already pursuing entrepreneurial endeavors, I wanted to share a list of 3 books I found helpful to listen to! These audiobooks are also available in print and digital format, but listening to them is far more engaging and practical for a busy college student. 

1. #AskGaryVee | One Entrepreneur’s Take on Leadership, Social Media, and Self-Awareness by Gary Vaynerchuck 

If you’re on social media and are either currently pursuing an entrepreneurial endeavor or wanting to, this audiobook is perfect for you! Read by Gary Vaynerchuck, multi-million dollar business owner and CEO of the marketing companies, VaynerMedia and VaynerX. This audiobook really puts marketing and building relations with customers and consumers into perspective. Any college student who is currently trying to sell or market anything on social media can take away a lot from this book. Beyond that, the content of the audiobook is much better than the book itself because it’s in a Q&A format. Plus, some very famous folks appear as guests in the audio version as well. The list of guests includes Kevin Jonas and John Legend!

2. Finding My Virginity by Richard Branson 

Although this book is not read by Richard Branson, the creator of the Virgin Group which includes Virgin Mobile, Virgin Atlantic, and several other businesses – the autobiography is still very inspiring. The entire audiobook talks about Richard Branson’s need to constantly build better businesses, dream big, and take on big adventures. His sense of humor and his imagination are really apparent throughout the whole thing. For those college students who feel the need to explore what’s out there and learn how to take risks, this book brings out the ambition in aspiring entrepreneurs.

3. The 5 Second Rule by Mel Robbins 

This audiobook definitely feels more like a motivational podcast and is perfect for college students with big aspirations who just happen to procrastinate and constantly doubt themselves. (We have all been there and done that!) The book is easy to digest and listen to and talks about how to not hold ourselves back. We’re constantly worried and afraid of failing especially when it comes to pursuing goals that at first glance look hard to achieve. But, this audiobook tells us that with the right attitude, we can train ourselves to be confident and courageous enough to just go for it.

Photo Sources: 1, 2

Zobia Alvi is a web developer, business coach, and writer who helps creative entrepreneurs and bloggers to craft stunning blogs and websites that help them focus on what they do best. She's also the host of the Business By Design Podcast. Currently, she’s a senior at Montclair State University, majoring in Finance and Economics with a certification in Entrepreneurship.
Danielle has held various positions at Her Campus Montclair. Starting as a Contributing Writer during her sophomore year at MSU in 2015, she later became President & Editor-in-Chief during her senior year in 2017. She completed her B.A. in Communication & Media Arts with a minor in Leadership Development at Montclair State University in January 2018. Besides writing, she's a lover of cozy cafés, good lyrics, inspiring speeches, mountainous retreats, and sunsets on the skyline. She enjoys capturing the moment and has a passion for travel and discovery. You can often find her exploring NYC or venturing to one of her favorite East Coast spots.