10 Feelings Girls Go Through When Joining a Sorority

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Going through the process of joining a sorority can be one of the most joyous times of your college experience. Meeting all the sisters, going to events, and developing bonds with your fellow pledge sisters are a few things girls who are pledging experience. Even though some of these things sound appealing, there a few other things we all tend to go through when trying to become a sister.

Here are 10 feelings each girl goes through when joining a sorority!

Excitement

Getting your bid and looking forward to the weeks leading up to becoming a sister is one of the best feelings!

Scared

The thought of potentially being hazed is on every girl’s mind at first, but that thought goes away pretty quickly!

Overwhelmed

Many sororities give you tasks to do during the process and many of those tasks have to get done along with your schoolwork. The amount of work usually comes as a shock to most.

Exhaustion

Sorority events are usually held late at night even though pledges have early classes the next morning.

Doubt

Many times during the process, the thought of dropping out crosses everyone’s mind at least once.

Limited

Finding time to do other activities and clubs may be a challenge.

Judged

Joining greek life comes with judgments that won’t even matter later down the road.

Anxious

Patiently waiting to get through the process and finally receiving your letters.

Determined

Sticking to your word and making it through the weekly process. 

Happiness

Once you’re finally a sister and knowing that this is the sorority for you!

Source: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Hello everyone! My name is BreYana Williams and I currently attend Montclair State University pursuing a to receive a degree in fashion studies with a minor in journalism. I have always had a love for fashion and pop culture ever since I was little and being able to write for HerCampus is literally a dream come true. I have always had a knack for expressing myself through my clothes and writing down my feelings and now I am able to share my own personal input on fashion related topics. I am really excited to share myself with each one of you.
Sarah Vazquez is a senior at Montclair State University, majoring in English and minoring in Journalism. She is the current Editor-in-Chief and a Co-Campus Correspondent at Her Campus Montclair. She is an avid concert-goer, podcast junkie, X-Files fanatic and someone who always has her nose buried deep inside a book.