This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

1. Heart Braid. Wear your hair in this fabulous heart shaped braid for Valentine’s Day! This hairstyle is easy to do and can be done anywhere. This style works on curly or straight hair. To complete this look, take a one-inch section of hair, split it into three and create a regular braid. Take another one-inch section of hair leveled with the first. Leave a small gap between the two sections. Split the section in three and make a regular braid. Twist the braid up and around to form the top of the heart. Use bobby pins to pin in place. Repeat with the second braid, pinning it to the first braid to form the top of the heart. Connect the ends of the braids together where the bottom point of the heart will be. Pin in place with bobby pins and hide the ends of the braids with the rest of your hair. 

2. Simple Braided Beauty. This simple and easy braid is perfect for a night of romance. If you can do a regular braid, this style should be easy for you. To get this look right, divide your hair in three parts. Braid the middle section and secure with elastic. Now make a three-strand braid out of all three parts, including the section you previously braided. Secure with elastic. Remove the elastic used to secure the braid in the middle section. Pull on the braid a little to add volume.

3. Easy Chignon. Another easy hairstyle! This style is for medium to long hair. Make a low ponytail. If you want to you can already now twist the hair a bit in the ponytail for added effect later. Make an inside out ponytail. You do this by creating a little hole just above the elastic of the ponytail then you take the ponytail and you flip it through from the outside to the inside. Now take the ponytail and roll it up and secure with bobby pins.

4. Hair Flowers. Show off your Valentine’s Day spirit with some red, pink and white flowers in your hair. This style will definitely make your hair pop. Make a quick stop to your local grocery store for some roses. Cut off a few rosebuds from the plant. Flip the flower over and trim the stem as short as you can without cutting the base that holds the flower together. Grab hairpins. Lightly squeeze the hairpin and pierce it through the middle of the spray rose. Fold the hairpin back on both sides.

5. Bow Bun. Try this fun bow hairstyle for Valentine’s Day. This look is very simple and only takes a few minutes to do. This style is recommended for long hair. You want to make a large messy bun at the top of your hair. Next, you want to incorporate a large pink or red bow right underneath your bun in the back of your head. 

6. Ombre Lips. Learn how to create this red and pink ombre look for your lips for a kissable night! Take your favorite lip moisturizer and apply all over. Line your lips with a plum color lip liner. Fill your lips in with a rich red matte lip liner up to the middle of the lips, fading out. Apply to the middle of your lips with a pink lipstick and then with a clear gloss all over.

7. Red Carpet. This dramatic eye will be anything but perfect on your night out. This eye make up will looks great paired up with a light pink cheek and lip. Here’s how to get this look, with a black long wear kohl liner, line the lash line from the inner corner to the outer corner then out and up towards the end of the brow like you would a classic cat eye. Then from the point you ended on, draw a line back across the crease, ending in the inner corner where you started in Step 1. Go back and fill in the area you just outlined. Line the bottom lash line and inner waterline with the same black pencil. Set the liner with a black shimmer shadow so it doesn’t crease or travel. Finish the eye with a couple coats of mascara. 

8. Red Heart. Create a deep red dramatic eye to make a bold statement on this special night. As always, start with a primer. Use a black pencil to create the desired shape. Use red shadow to the whole lid. Apply black shadow to blend the black pencil. Then apply the glitter. Then use black eyeliner to create a wing. Then smudge it with black shadow and then apply mascara. 

9. Pretty In Pink. With this eye makeup, you can create a soft pink look that is still festive! Use the Wet N Wild eye shadow that comes with three different colors. Use the pink to cover your eyelid and the brown for your crease. Make sure to blend the colors in well. For your brow bone, use the light cream color. Finish this look with black eyeliner and mascara.

10. Bloody Valentine. This look is all about lips! This looks features a light to dark ombre lip. Line the lip with a black liner and fill in. Line the bottom lip with a red lip liner pencil and fill in. Apply black cream color or black lipstick to the top lip and red lipstick to the bottom. Get your finger and dab black lipstick on the middle of the bottom lip and around the sides, making sure it is blended well. Are you daring enough to try it this year?

Photo Credit: Pinterest, Polished Beauty Bar