ricardo gomez angel 3kzlCL3rj8A unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ricardo gomez angel 3kzlCL3rj8A unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The 5 People You See During Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Molloy chapter.

1. The Studious Has Their Life Together Genius

All this person does during finals week is study, and they probably don’t even have to. They are so together and have all their stuff down. Most of the time you pretty much hate this person because you wish you were them and had your life as together as there’s was, but most of the time they are the nicest person you will ever meet- so you can’t even stay mad at them! So frustrating! While you’re here studying your butt off for like 12 hours a day for that one final, their all day study sesh was probably just a “review.” It makes you wonder if these kinds of people are even human because that’s how smart they are. I’m not jealous at all, no.

2. The Hot Mess

This is the person you don’t want to be, but you end up being sometimes. These people did not a learn a single thing this semester. Just kidding- they did, but they didn’t retain a lot of it and possibly, maybe, might have put off studying until like, the day before. Not the best decision in the world. Unlike the “has their life together genuis,” the hot mess is not together in any aspect of their life during finals week. All they do is study and study and study, but are they actually really getting any studying done? Are they retaining anything? Probably not, but sometimes. Essentially they are trying to stuff their brain in with as much information as possible all while trying to do the things they normally do every week, and miserably failing. Also, every other aspect of their life is falling apart as well, whether it be family, their love life, their social life. It has all hit the fan. Everything is wrong with them this week. And finals aren’t helping. If there’s anything to learn from this, it’s don’t be Carol. Do not be a hot mess girl, do no procrastinate. 

3. The Partier (do they even have any finals??)

Most of us become this person, AFTER finals week. But some people tend to be this person.. during?? finals week. I don’t even know how that’s possible. Do they not have any finals? Do they just not care about their grades? What is going on? Can I join in on their festivities? No you can’t Carol, YOU! NEED! TO! STUDY! The Partier however, they seem to not have to study. Or sleep. Or function at early hours of the day. Whatever it is that’s going on we all know the party people of finals week.

4. The Dead Zombie

This person looks alive on the outside, but they look dead on the inside. Not all of us look quite as pretty as Megan Fox is when she is “dead” but we certainly get how she’s feeling. The Dead Zombie is someone who procrastinated even WORSE than the hot mess. This person is in such a deep pile of responsibilities they have forgotten to eat for like, the past 2 days. Are they ok? Can you get them anything? Carol, chill out they are fine they are just so unbelievably stressed they might explode. Stay out their way during finals week and let them get through it. They got this, you got this. Offer any emotional support you can, unless you’re Carol.

5. The Person Who Is So Stressed Out That They Are Calm and Have Accepted the L

Ah yes. It’s already that point in the week. You know what I’m talking about. This person is at the point where they are so stressed out they are calm. They’ve realized there is not much else they can do and have decided to just give up. They’re very calm about this… A little too calm. And that’s because they are so done that they are accepting the fact that they may fail their final, or just cannot learn anymore. It’s better off to just let the fire burn, as you have already procrastinated putting out the fire for this long. Who knows? Maybe you will end up doing well on that final, and calming down isn’t such a bad idea! Either way finals are HERE. Good luck on your finals everyone! Don’t be a Carol!

Travis is 19 in his fourth semester of college! He is considered a Junior at Molloy and majors in Accounting! When he discovered(?) Her Campus at his school he immediately joined and became a writer and the Instragram coordinator. Now he is proud to be a Campus Correspondent!