This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

It’s that time of year again when Greeks are all getting ready for formal szn (Season). The sorority girls are going dress shopping. The frat guys are getting their suits and ties dry cleaned. The weather is getting warmer. This is the best time of the year and here’s why.

Can you imagine a better time to hang out with your sisters? All your best friends are in one place and you get to get all dressed up together. Don’t forget about all the pictures. Most times, you’re going to have to take like 15 of the same picture because it was windy, or someone had their eyes closed. It’s always nice when the temperature holds up and its bright outside because lighting it key when taking photos. Let’s be real, without good lighting there are no good insta posts.

The next best part is the pregame, because who cares if you know your formal date well or not. No matter if it’s the guy that sits next to you in your Biology class; this is your chance to let loose and have fun. There are no awkward firsts. When your date gets his hands on his first drink, the night just picks up from there. But the pregame is just the beginning.

Once you finally get to the venue, next in the night is the dinner. Most times, you may or may not even know what’s for dinner beforehand. But whatever you do, eat it. First, it’s going to taste so good and second, it’s going to help you not to throw up on the dance floor later in the night. Plus, it’s included in the dues, so why not eat it?

The awards are the most interesting part of the night. Some of the “innocent” girls will be awarded “most likely to be seen in the library” or “A+ role model of the chapter”. There are also the girls that are going to get “Most likely not to make it to formal” or “Best dancer at the frat party”. Let’s hope you’re in the middle. But props to you if you get the “Most likely to have a threesome.”

Once the music is blasting and the awards are done, it’s time for the crazy dancing. It’s okay to run off with your best friends and leave your date. Your date will probably be too drunk to notice.

The end of the night always ends up in one or two good stories you’ll hear in the morning. You won’t remember it, so just pretend it didn’t happen. Happy Formal Szn!!

The Girl With the Hot Pink Bow is an alias made for Her Campus MNSU writers that may want to stay anonymous on an article they write for various reasons.
Sammy is what you would call a Student Solider. She is in the Army and also a Senior at MNSU. Her major is Mass Media and her minor is Communication Studies. She is from Cottage Grove, MN and enjoys her weekends in the cities. She enjoys being the Her Campus MNSU Chapters Campus Correspondent and also Young Life. She wishes that fall season was year round, but living in Minnesota she will have deal with all the seasons it brings.